No you didn't read that wrong, you really can make these wondrous slices of heaven from the comfort of your own kitchen. You haven't heard of Texas Roadhouse?! That probably means you need to get in touch with your friends east of the Mississippi.
They produce not only amazing steaks and margaritas, but also the most incredible rolls you'll ever have the pleasure of tasting in your entire life. A major part of the amazing taste has to do with their special cinnamon honey butter too. Well now, your amazing friends at Oola figured out how to recreate the recipe in your very own home! That's right, now you don't even have to leave the house to ingest these beauties. So what if they're pretty high on the caloric scale? These bad boys are worth every bite.
First off, you will need a decent mixer, as this dough gets pretty thick. We promise, it's worth every step. And you can brush up on your baking skills while you're at it! It's a life skill everyone should have.
Texas Roadhouse Rolls:
2 tsp active dry yeast
-1/4 cup warm water
-1 cup milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
-1 & 1/2 tsp melted butter, slightly cooled
-1/4 cup & 1 tsp sugar
-4-5 cups all purpose flour
-1 whole egg
-1 tsp salt
Cinnamon Honey Butter
-1 stick butter, softened
-1/4 cup powdered sugar
-1/4 cup honey
-1 tsp cinnamon
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar. Wait until yeast is bubbly (about 6 minutes).
2. In the bowl of your mixer, add yeast, milk, sugar and flour (you might need to add more flour to eliminate any leftover stickiness). Beat thoroughly, until mixture is light and foamy.
3. Add melted butter, eggs and salt. Beat well.
4. Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough, and switch to using the dough hook of your mixer. Mix for about 4-5 minutes or until dough begins to form a ball.
5. Place dough in oiled bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm/moist place until dough doubles in size. (Covering with a warm, wet washcloth may help speed the process).
6. Punch dough down twice, and turn out onto a floured board. Divide into portions for shaping, and let rise for 10 minutes.
7. Shape dough into desired forms. Place on greased baking sheet, and let rise until doubled in bulk (about 10 minutes).
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. (You may choose to turn rolls over halfway through baking to ensure an even roll.) Baste immediately with melted butter.
9. For Cinnamon Honey Butter, whisk all ingredients together until creamy and all clumps have disappeared.
10. Enjoy your amazing culinary achievement!
Oola! Whet Your Appetite
Oola, king of food on the web! From recipes for new drinks and fast snacks to foodie tales that will make you laugh-out-loud or wince in awe, Oola is an endless buffet of food and fun.