When you hear "Cheeseburger Pasta" you might immediately think of Hamburger Helper. Well trust us, this dish is no boxed dinner.
To put it simply, this one-pot pasta dish is bomb, or at least that seemed to the adjective of choice we heard around the office after our coworkers tried it. For once, it seems picky eaters and intense foodies have something in common: loving this tasty and eye-catching dish.
Our favorite part about this pasta was the so-called "cheese lid". Here at Oola, we believe there's no such thing as too much cheese, so don't be shy when piling on the cheddar.
Below are the ingredients and instructions to create you own upgraded Hamburger Helper. So grab a large pot and get ready to indulge!
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 Minced Garlic Clove
1 tbs Tomato Paste
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Dried Mustard
28 oz Diced Tomatoes
1 lb Pasta Shells
2 cups Beef Stock
2 cups Water
8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Scallions to garnish
Salt and Pepper to season
1) Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and brown well.
2) Add garlic and stir. Then add oregano, mustard, and salt and pepper. Stir well.
3) Stir in tomato paste.
4) Add caramelized onions (or you can add raw onions and let them cook down).
5) Add diced tomatoes and shell pasta. Stir until combined.
6) Add beef stock and water. Then stir and cover the pot. Let cook for 12 minutes.
7) Check pasta. If it's still uncooked let simmer until the noodles are cooked through.
8) Season pasta with salt and pepper. Cover the top of the pasta with shredded cheese to create a "cheese lid". Cover the pot, and let it steam for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is nice and melty.
9) Garnish pasta with scallions and enjoy!
Like this article?
Let us know.
By giving us the "OK", you can signal to us which stories really stand out.