If you're a "Harry Potter" fan, surely you've wanted to get your hands on a delicious, refreshing pint of butterbeer for quite some time. Unfortunately, the only place to buy the drink is at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. But you're in luck! By scouring the oldest spell books, we've found what we think is the best butterbeer recipe out there. Oh, and don't worry - it's nonalcoholic.
• 1 pint of vanilla ice cream, softened
• 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
• 1/3 cup light brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 bottle (24 oz.) vanilla cream soda (very cold)
Here's what you'll do:
1. First, you'll want to let the ice cream soften for around 30 minutes and bring the butter to room temperature, which takes roughly 2 hours. We recommend getting the butter out first.
2. Next, blend the room temperature butter, the sugar, and spices in a large bowl.
3. Add all this to the ice cream and freeze it.
Now, at this point it depends if you want a warm drink or a chilled one.
4. If you want your drink warmer, heat the cream soda in a pot until it's warm, but still carbonated (this takes about 3 minutes). If you want your Butterbeer cold, simply chill the cream soda as much as you like.
5. Put a scoop of ice cream mixture in each glass, and pour your chilled or warm cream soda over the ice cream.
Be sure to check out other delicious butterbeer recipes over at Wizarding World Park!