- 1 pound ribeye steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 sub or hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- Place the steak in the freezer for 15-30 minutes. After the allotted time, take your knife or electric shaver and cut the ribeyes into very thin slices.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the onion, the red pepper, and the garlic to a large skillet. Sauté everything until tender (2-3 minutes) or until the onion turns yellow.
- Once the veggies are tender, remove them from the heat.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a small skillet and sauté the thinly sliced ribeye. Add the parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper. Cook until the beef browns (about 5 minutes).
- Once the beef browns, add it to the large skillet and mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
- After you finish mixing everything, scoop the mixture onto your bread rolls and top with provolone cheese.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and stick them into the oven. Let them bake until the cheese is melted (3-4 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
- knife or electric shaver
- large skillet
- small skillet
- wooden spoon
- baking sheet