The Best Electric Skillets
If you’re looking for an electric skillet that is both functional and stylish, then this option from Presto is a great pick! Like our top pick, the 16-inch pan with deep sides can handle cooking both a large amount and large variety of foods with customizable heat ranges from 200°F to 400°F. The cast aluminum base is durable and is coated inside and out with a deluxe non-stick surface that makes both cooking and clean up a breeze. An included tempered glass lid lets you easily peer inside to see how things are cooking while keeping the heat in.
The biggest plus is the warm heat setting and stylish appearance that works great for buffet-style serving at parties and events. When the last guest has said their goodbyes, clean up is a cinch thanks to being fully immersible and dishwasher safe once the heat control device is removed.
- Warm setting perfect to keep things hot once cooking is complete
- Unique design works great for serving at parties
- Easy to clean
- Cord is short, so needs to be placed next to an outlet
- 16-inch base and high sidewalls
- Tempered glass cover enables it to double as a buffet server
- Cast aluminum base, deluxe nonstick surface inside and out
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control removed
- Adjustable heat settings from 200°F to 400°F
- Brand: Presto
- Pan Dimensions: 16 x 13 x 3 inches
- Overall Skillet Dimensions: 23 x 13 x 9 inches
- Weight: 9lbs
- Power: 1500 watts
If you’re looking for something a bit smaller than our top two picks, then be sure to check out this 8-inch electric skillet by Nesco. The cast aluminum base is coated with a Premium Whitford non-stick interior, the combo of which is durable, scratch resistant, promotes healthy cooking thanks to needing less fat (to prevent sticking) and is easy to clean! One possible downside is that it is not immersible or dishwasher safe and will need to be hand washed.
A removable temperature gauge can be set from 275°F to 425°F in 50° increments, so while you can get a bit hotter than other models, it also can’t go as low either, and no warm setting means you will probably want to serve right away once done cooking.
That being said, we do love the stay cool handles and glass lid complete with a safety vent that allows steam to escape while cooking, a nice plus.
- Perfect size for 1-2 people
- Lid has built-in vent to release steam while cooking
- Can get hotter than other models
- 275°F low range might be too hot for some applications
- Only lid is dishwasher safe, skillet not immersible
- 8″ x 8″ electric skillet
- Cast aluminum base with non-stick interior
- Glass lid with safety vent
- Temperature range from 275°F to 425°F
- Hand wash skillet, lid is dishwasher safe
- Brand: NESCO
- Pan Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 1.75 inches
- Overall Skillet Dimensions: 12 x 10 x 6 inches
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Power: 800 watts
What really sets the De’Longhi 16″ electric skillet apart from the pack is the adjustable vent hole on the tempered glass lid, a nice perk for cooking optimization that most other models do not have. Like our other picks, the durable cast aluminum base is coated with a non-stick surface for easy cooking and cleaning, and an adjustable temperature control allows you to set as low as 200°F and as high as 400°F.
We’re particularly a fan of the embedded heating element that aids in even heating and thus cooking, so those items on the side of the skillet will cook at the same time as those in the middle, a nice feature that can be lost with stovetop cooking.
Both lid and skillet are dishwasher safe so cleanup couldn’t be easier.
- Extra large stay cool handles makes it easy to for move from counter to table
- Steam vent not only present, but can be adjusted
- Warm setting perfect for parties
- Might be too large for some
- 16″ x 11.75″ skillet with deep sides
- Cast aluminum body with non-stick surface
- Tempered glass lid with adjustable steam vent
- Temperature range 200°F to 400°F along with warm setting
- Dishwasher safe lid and skillet
- Brand: DeLonghi
- Pan Dimensions: 16 x 11.75 x 3 inches
- Overall Skillet Dimensions: 19.29 x 11.81 x 8.47 inches
- Weight: 8.89 lbs
- Power: 1500 watts
Not too big, not too small, the 12″ x 12″ electric skillet from BELLA is perfect for a number of dishes and occasions. What we particularly love though is its unique ceramic non-stick coating that is a huge plus for a number of reasons, including being effective enough to cook with zero oil and still not have to worry about sticking. Reinforced with titanium, it is also very durable and can even stand up to metal utensils with no scratching. A lovely cooper finish not only looks good but adds to its durability as well as even heating throughout the skillet.
The removable temperature control can be set from 300°F to 450°F, making this skillet have the option to run hotter than our other picks, but not as versatile in the lower temperature ranges. Though the keep warm setting is a nice plus if you hope to keep the food out after cooking for quite some time.
Both the skillet and tempered glass lid are fully immersible and dishwasher safe, making cleanup versatile and easy.
- Good distribution of heat thanks to the use of copper
- Super durable surface can even be used with metal utensils
- Warm setting great for keeping food warm and tasty long after cooking
- Temperature setting may be too high for some applications
- Cast aluminum base, ceramic copper titanium non-stick interior
- Tempered glass lid
- Cool-touch handles
- Temperature range from 300°F to 450°F, warm only setting as well
- Lid and skillet fully immersible and dishwasher safe
- Brand: BELLA
- Pan Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 2 inches
- Overall Skillet Dimensions: 16.7 x 12.2 x 7.9 inches
- Weight: 4.74 lbs
- Power: 1200 watts
Our Electric Skillets Buying Guide
When looking for the perfect electric skillet, there are a number of factors you’ll want to keep in mind. We break down a few:
What Can You Cook With An Electric Skillet
With an electric skillet, the cooking possibilities are really limitless. We love the portability of them, in addition to being a great appliance for those with limited kitchen space or appliances. Nearly any electric skillets will sauté and pan fry foods for you, but there are some that can do so much more. Depending on temperature, accessories, as well as how deep the pan is, some skillets may offer additional cooking methods like boiling, baking, grilling, roasting and more! Additionally, many skillets function really well as a buffet server, keeping food warm while placed on a table or stand.
Consider which types of foods you want to make with your skillet before you make your purchase.
An extra-large sized skillet is great for feeding a family, cooking in large batches for meal preps, and can even be used as a serving dish at parties or potlucks. Skillets with deep pans will offer more versatility in terms of cooking methods as well as quantity. If you are looking to use this infrequently, and store away in your cabinets, consider the dimensions of the pan, legs, and lid to make sure you have adequate room.
Most electric skillets are constructed of a cast aluminum base which is quite durable. Casting is an inexpensive and effective way of forming aluminum into a stronger product that is resistant to warping under heat. The result is a product that is lightweight, scratch resistant, conducts heat very well, and cools quickly.
The addition of a non-stick coating aids in both the cooking process by requiring less oil or butter needed, as well as clean up. While many skillets are dishwasher safe, it could wear on this coating over time, so for prolonged use, we recommend hand washing. We also suggest using non-metal utensils to avoid potentially scratching the surface.
Tempered glass lids will ensure it can stand up to the heat as well as allowing easy viewing of the cooking process without letting steam escape. While not present on all models, a vent hole in the lid is handy for allowing steam to escape while cooking.
A nice advantage of using an electric skillet over stovetop cooking is the ability to set the heat based on exact temperatures as opposed to more vague terms like low, medium, and high. Be sure to take note of the temperature range while shopping, as while most skillets have an adjustable range between 200°F and 400°F in increments of 50°F, some have options lower or higher. Additionally, some skillets have a warm setting that is perfect if you intend to use as a serving dish for parties.