The Best Kitchen Carts
AmazonBasics Kitchen Rolling Microwave Cart
AmazonBasics is a trusted name, providing functional, affordable everyday products, and their rolling kitchen cart is no exception.
As the name implies, the top of the cart is great to house a microwave or other small appliances if you have limited counter space, while the two heavy-duty chrome shelves add extra storage, each supporting up to 50 lbs. We also love that the shelves are adjustable in one inch increments so it can easily accommodate any item you want to store. The side hooks are great for dish rags, pans, or any other hangable items that you need quick and easy access to.
Four wheels makes it a breeze to move about if needed, while the wheel locking feature ensures it won’t move when you don’t want it to.
Overall, this cart would make a great addition to any kitchen!
- Top removes for easy cleaning
- Adjustable to your needs
- Perfect for small kitchens
- Shelves can’t pull out for easy access
- Chrome-plated steel and removable wood top
- Chrome shelves are adjustable in 1-inch increments and can hold up to 50 lbs each
- Four wheels, two that lock
- Four chrome hooks
- Brand: AmazonBasics
- Dimensions: 21 x 15 x 36.7 inches
- Weight: 26 pounds
Winsome Wood Single Drawer Kitchen Cabinet Storage Cart
If you aren’t much a fan of an open-display design in the kitchen, then this cart from Winsome should be on your radar.
Along with the large top counter that is perfect for storing small appliances or providing additional work surface, the cart features a pull out drawer and cabinet complete with a removable slatted shelf for out-of-sight storage. The towel rack on the side is a nice bonus, especially if plan to use the counter top to prep meals.
We love the look of the natural wood that should coordinate well with most kitchens, as well as the durability of the material. Four wheels makes gilding the cart where needed a breeze, two of which lock when you need a steady work station.
For those who love to entertain, this cart could easily transform into a bar on wheels, housing all the essentials to whip up and serve cocktails to guests!
- Sturdy construction
- Hidden storage to avoid cluttered look
- Can function as a drink cart
- Shelf can be removed but height can’t be adjusted
- Solid beechwood construction with composite wood panels
- Four plastic caster wheels, two that lock
- Drawer and towel bar
- Two-door cabinet with removable shelf
- Brand: Winsome
- Dimensions: 18 x 26.9 x 34 inches
- Weight: 54 pounds
Seville Classics 3-Tier Heavy-Duty Commercial Shelving With Wheels
For those who mean business in the kitchen, this strong, durable, industrial-strength steel construction cart by Seville Classics will get the job down. With a total weight capacity of 500 lbs, this bad boy is perfect for housing heavy equipment and appliances. This also makes it a versatile item that can easily be use anywhere in the home, especially in the garage or basement to hold heavy tools, sporting equipment, and so much more!
Two chrome shelves and a 2.75 inch deep chrome basket are adjustable in one inch increments so you can place them at the level that suits you most. The shelves have approximately a one inch high rail, ensuring your items do not slide or roll off as the cart moves thanks to four sturdy rubber wheels, two of which lock.
The steel handle push bar can double as a towel rack, and is removable for ease of positioning!
- Solid materials and construction can easily accommodate heavy items
- Shelves and basket have rails to keep items from rolling off
- Great for kitchen and utility use alike
- Rails prohibit items sitting over the edge of the shelf
- Industrial-strength steel
- Four rubber swivel wheels, two that lock
- 2.75 inch deep basket shelf
- Two chrome shelves that are adjustable in 1-inch increments
- 500 lbs weight capacity (evenly distributed)
- Brand: Seville Classics
- Dimensions: 33.8 x 18 x 32.2 inches
- Weight: 41 pounds
Liberty White Kitchen Cart With Wood TopCheck Latest Price
The Home Styles Liberty kitchen cart is a great option for anyone that has always wanted a kitchen island without incurring the expense it takes to build one. This beautiful cart, which is available in white and black, features plenty of extra storage thanks to three large drawers, cabinet complete with two adjustable shelves, side spice rack, and towel bar that can also be used to hold a roll of paper towels!
The best feature by far is the drop leaf top counter composed of solid rubberwood. When folded down you have 18 inches deep of work space, and when folded up, the drop leaf provides an additional 11 inches of countertop! This is perfect if you have a lot of prep to do, or want to add some chairs for an instant breakfast bar.
For an attractive, functional, versatile kitchen cart, look no further.
- Functions as a moveable island
- Ample storage with adjustable shelves for versatility
- Drop leaf provides hideable counter space
- Assembly more time consuming than other options
- Hardwood solids and engineered wood elements, with solid rubberwood top
- Two-door cabinet with two adjustable shelves and three drawers for storage
- Towel bar and spice rack
- Drop leaf countertop can expand depth to 29 inches
- Available in white and black finishes
- Brand: Home Styles
- Dimensions: 18 x 53.5 x 36 inches
- Weight: 134 pounds
Nova Microdermabrasion Rolling Wood Kitchen Island Storage CartCheck Latest Price
We love this rolling wood kitchen cart for a number of reasons. The first is the sheer number of shelves, drawers, and baskets for ample storage, including a bottom wine rack that can hold up to 6 bottles! We’re also a fan of the metal baskets that pull out for easy access. A side stainless steel rack can be used to hang a dish towel, or with the addition of hooks can hold pans and utensils if desired.
The compact design won’t take up too much space, while the 360-degree spinner wheels makes repositioning a breeze. Like our other picks, two wheels lock to provide stability when not in motion.
Whether used in the kitchen, dining room, or anywhere in the home you need extra storage without taking up too much space, this cart fits the bill!
- Open concept
- Ideal for a small spaces
- Wine rack makes it a great drink cart
- Six inches shorter than a traditional kitchen counter
- Sturdy pine tabletop
- Two pull out metal baskets
- Two drawers
- Two shelves
- Six-bottle wine rack
- Four plastic caster wheels, two that lock
- Brand: Nova Microdermabrasion
- Dimensions: 26.5 x 14.8 x 29.5 inches
- Weight: 18.5 pounds
AmazonBasics 3-Shelf Storage UnitCheck Latest Price
Another worthy contender from AmazonBasics is this no frills cart that adds extra storage space to your kitchen with the freedom to roll around as needed. The unit is made from chrome-plated steel that can handle up to 220 pounds of total weight when stationary.
Three wire shelves can hold 73 pounds each and are adjustable in 1 inch increments, a nice feature, but don’t have a rail to secure items in place while in transport. On the flip side, this could be desirable for storing items that are slightly too long and overhang.
Available in chrome and black finishes, if you have serious storage needs, 4 and 5 shelf options exist!
- Sturdy metal construction can hold a lot of weight
- Adjustable shelves adds versalility to storage
- Great option for use all over your home
- No side rails on shelves
- Chrome-plated steel
- Three chrome shelves that are adjustable in 1-inch increments
- Four plastic caster wheels, two locking
- Brand: AmazonBasics
- Dimensions: 14 x 32.8 x 24 inches
- Weight: 7.9 pounds
Kitchen Cart Buying Guide
Kitchen carts can be a great addition to a cramped kitchen space as they are mobile and can be pulled out as needed, and stored away when not in use. With all of the kitchen gadgets of today, counter space can become cluttered all too quickly, and having a spare work space available to pull out as needed is quite beneficial. Carts come in many shapes and sizes for different uses. When purchasing a kitchen cart, you will want to consider size, mobility, and functionality among other factors before making your decision.
Measure your space and determine how much space you have to work with. Some units are compact and perfect for tight kitchens, being able to slide into a tight corner when not in use. Other options are designed to be a more semi-permanent fixture. Height is another option to consider as some carts are designed to be counter height, while others are shorter. Your height and desired proximity to the cart when in use may also factor into play.
If you are in search of a mobile cart, the wheels used will play a big roll in determining the overall cost of the unit. Rubberized wheels are generally more durable than the plastic options available, so if you will be moving the unit regularly, you may want to ensure your wheels are solidly built to improve the longevity of the cart. Kitchen carts can double as storage shelves when wheels are not included so keep that in mind as well if you don’t need the mobility of a cart.
Some carts have added features that are not necessary for every user, so make sure you are not paying for features that you don’t need. Find a material and finish that will work well with your existing kitchen decor, and has the features you want.