The Best Storage Containers
IRIS USA, Inc. Stack & Pull Box
The IRIS USA storage containers will neatly stack your items in a closet, garage, or on top of shelves. The modular pull handle on the bottom of the box makes it super easy to pull them off of shelves and move them. The top locks on with a buckle-up latch that snaps into place to keep your items secure.
We love that this set comes with six 12-quart bins so you have plenty of room for clothes, decorations, crafting supplies, toys, or whatever else you need to store! The clear plastic also makes it easy to see what is in each container, so it takes aways the guessing game or need for labels.
They are available in multiple container and pack sizes to neatly solve your storage needs.
- Clear box makes it easy to see contents inside
- Available in multiple dimensions to standardize your storage area
- Molded pull handle on the bottom makes it easy to move
- They can slip if not stacked correctly
- 12-quart storage capacity
- Buckle latches secure contents inside
- Built-in handle for easy removal from shelves
- Stackable for easy organization
- Brand: IRIS USA, Inc.
- Dimensions: 6. 49″L x 10. 98″W x 6. 53″H
- Weight: 1.22 lbs
Rubbermaid Commercial Products Brute Tote Storage Container With Lid
These Rubbermaid storage bins are the most heavy-duty in our review. This is the perfect bin for heavier items and storage is easy with the secure stacking design. These bins work great in the garage, on top of shelves, or even in the closet. They are versatile enough to accommodate everything from sporting equipment to food storage.
The lid for this bin is heavy duty, which means your items will stay secure, and you don’t have to worry about heavy bins denting the bin underneath it. We love that the handles are ergonomic, making it ideal for transporting and easier to move. The bins are available in gray or white in 14 and 20 gallon sizes.
- Strong, sturdy thick walled box
- Very low plastic odor
- Durable lids for heavy stacking
- Not see-through to quickly identify contents
- 14- or 20-gallon storage capacity
- Made with high density polyethylene plastic for commercial grade strength
- Ergonomic handles drains to reduce risk of bacteria build up
- Secure lid, snaps into place
- Brand: Rubbermaid Commercial Products
- Dimensions: 27.9 x 17.4 x 15.1 inches
- Weight: 7.3 lbs
Sterilite 16428012 6 Quart Storage Box
The Sterilite storage bin comes in a 6-quart size, making it ideal for storing shoes, accessories, crafts, and other small items. No longer will you have to dig through bigger bins to find small craft supplies or other items that can become easily lost. We love that these fit perfectly on top of a 16″ closet shelf, and are easily stackable! This is a definite plus as they are available in 6 or 12 packs.
The lid is sturdy and snaps firmly onto the base. The see-through base on this bin makes it super easy to locate contents inside, and the plastic material makes this a breeze to clean up.
- Perfect for smaller items
- Bins nest very well together
- Clear base allows contents to be easily viewed
- Not as heavy-duty as some others in our review
- 6-quart storage capacity
- Opaque lids snap firmly onto the base
- Conveniently fits on 16″ closet shelving
- Brand: STERILITE
- Dimensions: 3 5/8″ x 8 1/4″ x 4 7/8″
- Weight: 8 ounces
HOMZ Plastic Storage, Modular Stackable Storage BinsCheck Latest Price
The HOMZ storage containers are the perfect way to organize board games, video games, holiday decorations, and more. We love the tall shape of these containers, making it convenient to store items of various sizes.
We’re also a fan of the fact that these storage containers are made with reprocessed resin as a commitment to sustainability.
The simple to latch handles are ergonomic and easy to carry from a storage unit, dorm room, closet, or garage. The clear plastic makes it easy to identify the contents inside, providing a perfect solution for kids toys, games, clothing, and more.
- Tall shape allows you to various size items
- Lid latches into place
- Clear plastic, allows you to see contents inside
- Not completely waterproof
- 31-quart storage capacity
- Made from durable see-through plastic
- Large ergonomical latches secure lid and provide comfortable grip for moving
- Bins nest into each other when not in use
- Brand: HOMZ
- Dimensions: 16.25″ x 13″ x 12.125″
- Shipping Weight: 8.951 lbs
DECOMOMO Foldable Storage BinCheck Latest Price
These foldable cloth storage bins are perfect for organizing and adding a fun style to your cube organizer, bookshelf, or cabinets. They easily slide in and out of shelves thanks to sewn-in handles that are made out of sturdy faux leather. The thick, textured cotton blend exterior is not only attractive but functional, and we love the 2.5mm MDF fiberboard bottom that adds extra rigidity and durability.
These bins are perfect for storing clothes, hats, belts, books, toys, cleaning supplies, towels, dry goods, or anything you need quick access to. When not in use, these bins are collapsible to save space.
We love these bins as they are both fashionable and functional. They also make a great housewarming gift for new homeowners or students living in dorms.
- Durable materials are attractive and fuctional
- Collapsible when not in use
- Easy access to everyday items
- No lid to keep items secure
- Available in multiple colors
- 25.5-liter storage capacity
- Brand: DECOMOMO
- Dimensions: 15 (L) x 11 (W) x 9.5 (H) inches
- Weight: 2.78 lbs
Storage Containers Buying Guide
Buying storage bins to declutter your garage, bedroom, bathroom, or basement can be life changing. Organizing can give you more space and peace of mind knowing where all of your items are located. Consider the following before you make your storage container purchase:
Tackling a home organization project can be overwhelming, but regardless of how big the project is, we can all benefit from decluttering our lives and our homes. Messes and clutter can cause stress and make you feel like life is out of control.
Start with an organization project that you can easily complete, like a junk drawer or a small closet. Determine the goal of the space and organize items into a rough sort, so you can visually see how much you have, how many containers you will need, and the best sizes.
Storage bins come in all shapes and sizes, and you will surely be able to find one that fits your needs. Often times small items will get lost inside large bins, making them hard to find and difficult to access. Consider getting a variety of sizes in the same style for a look that is both functional and uniform.
Consider how durable you need the bins to be. If you plan on placing a lot of heavy items inside, like books or cookware, you may want to invest in something that is extra durable, and won’t bend or break with heavy items. Where you are storing bins is another important factor to keep in mind, as most materials will be suitable for a closet, but storage in a garage or basement may warrant the need for something waterproof.
If you plan on stacking boxes on top of each other, look for bins that specifically fit together for stacking. Look for handles that are easy to grasp for moving and reorganizing your stacked boxes.