The Best Vacuum Sealer
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer
The FoodSaver v2244 Vacuum Sealing System is the solution to all your food storage needs, keeping food in your fridge fresh for weeks, while stored in the freezer can last up to 3 years! With it’s sleek space-saving design and simple interface, this is the ideal appliance to help you preserve a variety of foods, and save money.
The LED light indicators on this device easily guide you through the sealing process. The one-handed lock and latch operation makes it simple to seal foods that are wet, or you need to hold. We love that you can seal wet and dry items, and the removable drip tray will catch any overflow liquid.
This appliance comes with an assortment of different sized bags to get you started right away, which are textured to help with the sealing process and BPA free to keep you healthy! And if you have dreams of properly sealing mason jars, bottle stoppers, and other containers, the included hose and port works with other sealing accessories.
- Once locked in place, you don’t have to hold and wait for it to finish sealing
- Removable drip tray makes it easy to clean up liquids that are vacuumed out of bag and into machine
- Ability to stop the vacuum but continue to seal, which allows you to use this on delicate items like dry pasta
- Doesn’t hold the bags inside the sealer like some other models
- Seal wet and dry items
- Easy lock and latch system
- LED light indicators guide you through the process
- Extra-wide sealing strip applies heat for an airtight seal
- Includes 11″ x 10′ heat seal role, 3 quart seal bags, 2 gallon heat seal bags, and accessory hose
- Brand: FoodSaver
- Dimensions: 18.03 x 6.22 x 9.37 inches
- Weight: 6.15 lbs
GERYON Vacuum Sealer Machine
The GERYON vacuum sealer removes air from specially designed bags and a multilayer heating system seals bags to keep them air tight and prevent freezer burn, keeping food fresh 5x longer than traditional storage methods. Cooking and meal prep not only become easier and faster with this appliance, but more economical.
The appliance includes a starter with bags, a vacuum roll , a vacuum tube and a user manual so you have everything you need to get started. We love the simple soft touch buttons and the LED indicator lights that makes the whole process a cinch. With six food settings and two pressure options, you can seal a number of items, as well food in canisters (sold separately) thanks to the included hose.
An added bonus with this model is that the upper lid is completely removable, making clean up simple and safe.
- Easy to operate soft touch buttons
- Compact and lightweight makes it easy to use and store
- Cleanup is a breeze thanks to its construction
- Takes a bit of getting used to in order to find exact place where you should place your bag on the device
- Separated design–take off the upper lid to clean the sealer
- Works with wet and dry foods
- Gentle and normal pressure settings
- Includes one 7.8″ x 78″ vacuum roll, five pre-cut bags (7.8″ x 11.8″), and one vacuum tube
- Brand: GERYON
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 5.5 x 14.4 inches
- Weight: 2.6 lbs
NutriChef Vacuum Sealer
The NutriChef Vacuum Sealer is easy to operate, fully automatic, and has a simple control center on the top panel. Digital buttons and an LED light indicator allow you to select sealing options, and indicate when to start and stop the process.
This sealer offers two sealing modes, dry and moist, along with two pressure modes. The starter kit includes a wine stopper cork, an air suction hose, medium vacuum bags and a vacuum bag roll that is reusable and waterproof.
It is recommended that you clear your vacuum sealer after each use to prevent bacteria build up. With the NutriChef, cleaning is simple, and the stain resistant housing will not absorb any accidental spills.
- Easy to use even for beginners
- Attractive stainless steel and chrome design
- Digital buttons that don’t have the potential to get stuck
- Basic functionality, not feature-rich
- Simple control panel with soft touch digital buttons
- Two sealing modes–-dry and moist
- Two pressure modes–gentle and normal
- Includes one extra long vacuum bag roll (7.8″ x 79″), five medium bags (7.8″ x 11.8″), air suction hose, and bonus wine stopper cork
- Brand: NutriChef
- Dimensions: 6 x 14.1 x 3 inches
- Weight: 2.9 lbs
KOIOS Vacuum Sealer MachineCheck Latest Price
Did we mention you can preserve wine with your vacuum sealer? The KOIOS vacuum sealing system not only keeps food fresh longer, but can also help you save that half bottle of wine.
This sealer comes with a built-in cutter, so that you can easily create custom-sized bags. We love this feature because you can reduce bag waste, and really get the most out of your vacuum-seal roll.
This appliance is also high-temperature resistant, and the bottom pad of the heating strip can withstand temperatures of up to 300°F. This heating system allows for a tight and long-lasting seal, that will keep your items safe from opening before you are ready.
Another feature we are a fan of is the ability to seal multiple smaller packages at the same time, making it much more efficient. Like our other picks, an accessory port allows for capability to use with vacuum canisters and wine stoppers.
- Simple, easy to use design
- Can do multiple items back to back with out waiting in between
- Includes a cord wrap spot for storage
- Only one pressure setting
- Two setting available–dry and moist
- Built-in cutter easily creates custom-sized bags
- High-temperature resistant, can withstand temperatures of up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes five small bags and five large bags, one pumping pipe, and one replacement sealing sponge
- Brand: KOIOS
- Dimensions: 14.56 inches x 2.91 inches x 5.9 inches
- Weight: 3lbs
FoodSaver FM2435 Vacuum Sealer MachineCheck Latest Price
If you have a lot of food to seal this is the vacuum sealer for you! This appliance guarantees to seal up to 60 consecutive seals before needing to cool down.
The FoodSaver FM2435 vacuum sealer has an extra-wide sealing strip that applies heat for an airtight seal. The handheld sealer seals FoodSaver zip bags, canisters, containers and marinates food in minutes.
Thanks to a separated design, the upper lid is fully detachable, which makes cleanup so much easier, and the built-in cutter is perfect for custom sized seals. The accompanying handheld sealer is a great added feature to package smaller items.
The sealer comes complete with a starter kit that includes everything you need to get going, so you’ll quickly be on your way to eliminating waste and saving money!
- Works well with off brand bags
- Guaranteed to seal 60 consecutive seals before needing to cool down
- Bonus handheld sealer
- Only one pressure setting
- Built-in roll storage and cutter
- One-handed lock and latch
- Seal moist and dry items
- Removable drip tray
- Includes 11″ x 10′ heat seal roll, three quart heat seal bags, 2 gallon heat seal bag and accessory hose
- Brand: FoodSaver
- Dimensions: 18.4 x 6.5 x 11 inches
- Weight: 7.55 lbs
Vacuum Sealer Buying Guide
A vacuum sealer can be an extremely worthwhile investment, saving you time and money. They also provide convenient individual portioning so you can meal prep for the week, can be used for sous vide cooking, or helping to extend the life of your container food and even wine! Before you make your purchase, consider the following:
Which Types Of Foods Will You Be Sealing?
Consider the types of foods you plan on sealing before you make your purchase. If you plan to seal large cuts of meat, ensure the sealer is wide enough. If you plan to seal a lot of wet or moist food, you may want to look for one with a detachable drip tray that you can easily clean when you are finished.
How Much Food Do You Need To Seal, And How Often?
If you are planning to seal a large quantity of items at once, look for a sealer that can make a large amount of consecutive seals before needing to cool down. Consider the size of your sealer and countertop space if you plan to keep your sealer out frequently or storage space in your kitchen cabinets if you will only use it occasionally.
Features And Operation
Many of the sealers in our review offer a dry and moist sealing mode. Consider if this is something you will need to use. Pressure options is another consideration, as easily crushable foods such as dry pasta or chips will need a delicate setting.
Additionally, many models come equipped with a separate accessory port and hose, allowing you to pair with additional products to seal containers, mason jars, and bottles. If you plan on purchasing those accessories, ensure they are compatible with your machine.
Some of the sealers in our review operate best with bags from the manufacturer. Make sure you can easily order more if you need them, or if not, find a suitable replacement.