The gravy is the glue that holds Thanksgiving dinner together so you need the best. Sorry, Great-Grandma, but your secret family recipe that has been passed down for generations just isn't going to cut it. This gravy is perfect in every way! It has wonderful flavor, it's thick, creamy and never clumpy. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think.
What You'll Need:
Turkey pan drippings
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. After you roast the turkey there will be a lot of juice and seasoning at the bottom of the pan. These are the drippings and they are delicious. Carefully pour the drippings from the pan into a measuring cup.
2. Using a spoon try to skim the fat off the drippings. This is the greasy layer at the top. It's okay if you cannot get all of the fat off, you just want to skim most of it off.
3. Then, pour turkey stock into the measuring cup with the drippings until you have 4 cups of liquid total. Transfer the 4 cups of drippings and turkey stock into a large saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
4. Slowly stir in the soup, the garlic powder, and the salt and pepper if desired. Then, let it simmer on low heat. Note: The turkey drippings should contain a lot of the seasoning from the turkey so you might not need to add more.
5. Warm the milk in the microwave or on the stove. Slowly whisk in flour until it is a smooth consistency.
6. Increase the heat and return the gravy to a boil. Slowly pour in the milk and flour mixture, constantly stirring for one minute.
7. Lastly, stir in the apple cider vinegar. The vinegar will add a little tang to balance out the saltiness of the gravy. Lower the heat and occassionaly stir until the gravy has reached your desired consistency.
Pour it into a cute gravy boat and wait for all the compliments. Have another gravy recipe? Share it with us!
Our mission is to help you live your life to your tastes by empowering you with the most useful information, inspiration, guides, and reviews to help life taste sweeter.