AND EASY COFFEE CUP COFFEE CAKE
Start to finish: 7 minutes 15 seconds (prep: 5 minutes)
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
tablespoons all-purpose flour
tablespoons butter, softened, divided
and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
(from 1 egg lightly beaten and divided)
tablespoons sour cream
teaspoon maple syrup
extract (a few drops)
teaspoon apricot or other fruit preserves
1. In a microwavable container, soften 2 tablespoons butter.
Divide and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, lightly beat one egg. Divide in half. Set
3. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar,
all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon softened butter and a pinch of cinnamon and
salt. Mix and pinch ingredients together with fingers until crumbs form.
4. In a large measuring cup, mix 1 tablespoon softened butter
with 1 tablespoon brown sugar until creamy. Using a whisk, incorporate egg,
sour cream, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add self-rising
flour and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Beat until smooth.
a 12 ounce microwavable coffee cup. Pour ½ of batter into the cup. Add
preserves into the center of batter, then add the remaining batter. Sprinkle
with crumb topping.
6. Microwave mug on high until cooked through, about 1 minute 15
(Recipe from Chicago Tribune Editor Bill Hogan on STL Today,
Recipe via STLtoday.com