aQUICK AND EASY COFFEE CUP COFFEE CAKE
Start to finish: 7 minutes 15 seconds (prep: 5 minutes)
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
1 pinch and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 pinch salt (optional)
1/2 egg (from 1 egg lightly beaten and divided)
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Vanilla extract (a few drops)
1/4 cup self-rising flour
1 teaspoon apricot or other fruit preserves
1. In a microwavable container, soften 2 tablespoons butter. Divide and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, lightly beat one egg. Divide in half. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon softened butter and a pinch of cinnamon and salt. Mix and pinch ingredients together with fingers until crumbs form. Set aside.
4. In a large measuring cup, mix 1 tablespoon softened butter with 1 tablespoon brown sugar until creamy. Using a whisk, incorporate egg, sour cream, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add self-rising flour and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Beat until smooth.
5 Butter a 12 ounce microwavable coffee cup. Pour ½ of batter into the cup. Add preserves into the center of batter, then add the remaining batter. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
6. Microwave mug on high until cooked through, about 1 minute 15 seconds.
(Recipe from Chicago Tribune Editor Bill Hogan on STL Today, 2012)
Recipe via STLtoday.com