If you’ve just made a hefty meal, and are wondering how to clean a glass stove top, then you’re not alone. Your stove top is one of the most used areas in your home. If you’re cooking multiple meals a day, the surface is taking a toll. Spills and messes on a glass stove top easily become caked on, difficult and evident. Thankfully, depending on the degree of your situation, there’s an easy fix.
You can use various glass stove cleaners, or create your own potent concoction to tackle certain messes. Initially wiping down your stove after each and every use is a great way to prevent any build up. Of course, you should always wait for the burners to be completely cooled off before attempting to wipe it down or clean up a spill.
How To Clean A Glass Stove Top With Baking Soda
This is considered the all-natural way to clean a glass stove. You can use products that you already have around your home. You’ll give your glass stove back its original shine while also getting rid of any gunk or stuck-on mess.
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Razor blade
- Kitchen rags
- Spray bottle
- Put your white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray your dirty glass stovetop all over with the white vinegar. This will remove any greasy residue. Wipe away with your rag.
- Sprinkle baking soda on top your stove top. It will break down any grime without being too abrasive on the surface.
- Wet another kitchen rag or towel with hot water. Cover the stovetop with your wet towel. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Come back to the stove top and start scrubbing the surface down with your towel.
- The white vinegar and baking soda should have taken care of most of the grime. However, if there is still burnt residue, this is when you take your razor and carefully scrape away the left-over residue.
- Spray your glass stove top again with white vinegar and give it one last wipe down. Now it is ready to shine!
How To Clean Glass Stove Top Burners
Leaving a pan on your glass stove top can sometimes lead to black rings. Don’t worry, you can definitely clean this up.
- A silicone spatula
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of distilled vinegar
- Microfiber cloth
- Use your silicone spatula to rub the affected area. Use small circular motions as you go. This will loosen any remnants and fade any discoloration.
- Mix a little bit of warm water with some baking soda to make a paste. Place this paste over the affected area and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Wipe away the paste with a rag.
- If your stain is still persistent, then mix your four tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of distilled vinegar. Don’t be afraid if it starts to fizz a little.
- Use your rag to place the past over the affected area. Let it sit a minute and then take your microfiber cloth and wipe it away.
Using Commercial Cleaners
Purchasing a specialty cleanser is easy, and can help you knock some time off of your cleaning process. There are many cleaners out there that you can try for yourself. And you can purchase them at the grocery store, a hardware store, and online as well.
Just be sure to read the labels and instructions, and ensure that your cleanser is meant to be used on your glass stove top.
Weiman Glass Cooktop Cleaner & Polish
This cleaner takes on the task of cleaning as well as polishing your glass stove top. It’s known to be a heavy-duty cleaner without being too abrasive on your surface. This formula was made specifically for a glass cook top.
Buy on Amazon for $9.92
Cerama Bryte Best Value Kit: Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner, Scraper, 10 Pads, Burnt-on Grease Remover
There’s a reason that this kit is top rated for cleaning glass stovetops. It includes all of the necessary materials you need to scrub off any tough gunk and ensure your glass stove top remains clean and shiny. The kit includes a cleaner, scraper, pads, and a burnt-on grease remover.
Magic Daily Cooktop Cleaner
It’s best to clean your glass stove top after every use. This all-in-one cleaner is safe to use on a daily basis. It removes tough stains, grease and oil, and leaves your stove top shinier than you found it. It’s the perfect everyday cleaner.
Buy on Amazon for $16.99