If you’re anything like me you’re probably scrambling to the phone to ask your mom how to make basic things. Of these basic things that we have definitely taken for granted would be how to cook rice.
Though we’ve probably messed up cooking rice on more than one occasion, it’s actually not super difficult to learn how to make plain white rice perfectly every time.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Dump the water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the salt into the boiling water.
- Pour the cup of rice into the boiling water.
- Place the lid on top of the saucepan and turn down the heat to the lowest setting. Let the rice simmer there for about 17-18 minutes. Do not remove the lid while the rice is simmering.
- Once the time is up, remove it and let it steam for about five minutes.
- Poke the grains with a fork before serving.
There are various websites you can visit as well to how to cook rice with added ingredients should you want to add something else to the recipe. There are basic things that you can add as well, such as a tablespoon of butter or olive oil. If you’re also interested in trying to make sticky rice, be sure to check out the recipe we provided!
So, there ya go! It’s actually not super complicated to learn how to cook rice if you look up a recipe and follow it to a tee. You could also take the easy way and just get yourself a rice cooker…