Chicken broth doesn’t take very many ingredients to make or a lot of time, but it can difficult to know where to start. With this easy recipe, you’ll be making perfect chicken broth in no time!
What You’ll Need
- 2 pounds of skinless chicken
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 stalk of celery cut into chunks
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1-2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Stick all the ingredients in a pot and fill it with water. You’ll want to make sure the water covers everything.
- Boil over high heat.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat until it simmers.
- Let it simmer for about an hour. Turn the chicken once.
- Keep skimming the foam off the top.
- Remove the chicken and debone it. Set aside the veggies and herbs as well.
- Strain the broth and place it in the fridge so the fat drifts to the top of the container.
- Refrigerate for eight hours and remove the fat from the surface before you serve or freeze.
If you’re looking to add something different to your recipe there are a bunch of different recipes out there that suggest you add in thyme and peppercorns to the chicken broth while there are others that recommend you add turnips.