You’ve had bread pudding growing up and you’ve ordered it in restaurants when you’re craving something sweet. Now, you can learn how to make bread pudding at home!
What You’ll Need
- 4 cups of cubed bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup of raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, nutmeg, and raisins.
- Stir in bread cubes.
- Place bread in a casserole dish and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
- Dust with cinnamon to taste.
There are a few varying recipes for bread pudding that call for the inclusion of whipping cream, or walnuts and apples, but you can play around in the kitchen to see which ingredients best fit your tastes.