Chicken is pretty great and we know it! We’ve talked about how to bake chicken before as well as helpful tips on how to keep your chicken from drying out, but this time we’re here to let you know the best chicken marinade recipe so you can cook yourself a delicious dinner.
There are a lot of different ways to marinate your chicken, but the following recipe is the one that we like the best!
What You’ll Need
- 5 – 6 skinless chicken half breasts
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of oregano
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the chicken, in a large bowl until properly blended. If you put it into a blender, it’ll take about 30 seconds for everything to fully blend. If you’re mixing by hand, then stir until the marinade is thick and totally mixed.
- Remove about a 1/2 cup of the marinade from the bowl so you can coat the chicken later when you cook it.
- Place the chicken breasts and the remaining marinade in a resealable bag.
- Marinate the chicken well by massaging the meat through the bag to ensure the marinade really gets into the meat.
- Stick the chicken in the refrigerator for about two hours. You may want to turn the chicken over at least once while it’s refrigerating to make sure the marinade coats the meat well.
It’s best for you to refrigerate your chicken for about an hour to two hours and then start cooking, but you can refrigerate it overnight if you’d like. Some people are on the fence about freezing meat once you marinate it, however, as freezing meat has the tendency to make some meats mushy. It only takes a few hours for the chicken to soak in the marinade, so it’s probably best to refrigerate it.
Feel free to tweak the ingredients if you’d like to cook the chicken your own way. This is just a great recipe to get you started!