Whipped cream is a popular sweet topping for ice cream, grilled pineapple, and various other treats. If you’re a lover of sweets, consider making your own fresh whipped cream and forego the store-bought canned topping.
How To Make Whipped Cream
Making your own whipped cream is a simple process. All you need in order to make this simple recipe is to arm yourself with a bowl and a whisk.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners or granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour the whipping cream, optional vanilla extract, and sugar into a bowl. For every cup of cream, use one or two tablespoons of sugar. You can adjust this to reach your desired sweetness.
- Quickly beat the mixture, either with an electronic mixing bowl set to high or a whisk
- Continue beating quickly until the cream begins to thicken
- At a lower speed, continue beating the mixture until soft peaks begin to form
Tips and Tricks:
- Stash the mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes before preparing the whipped cream. Additionally, make sure your cream has been properly refrigerated up until use. The cooler everything is, the easier the whipping will be.
- One cup of whipping cream will yield about two cups of whipped cream, so plan accordingly.
- Don’t beat the mixture for too long — if you do, it can turn into butter.