The versatility of chickpeas (oh yes, they’re the same thing as garbanzo beans) has been long-known by consumers who race to supermarkets for fresh beans or the canned variety. You can add them to a whole collection of recipes to enhance flavor or just roast them on their own for a tasty treat. The recipe for roasted garbanzo beans is a simple one and one you can take to the bank before cashing in on a dish everyone will love you for.
Roasted Garbanzo Beans Recipe
All you need for this one is some seasoning, a baking sheet, and the star of the show: garbanzo beans. Garbanzo beans often act as a high-fiber snack and once you season them with your spices of choice, they’ll be something you can return to time and time again.
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Blot your chickpeas dry with a paper towel. Try to get them as dry as possible.
- Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Ensure none of them are piled on top of each other.
- Roast the garbanzo beans for 30-45 minutes.
- After the allotted time, remove them from the oven and gently place them into a bowl.
- Add your olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt, and any other seasoning you desire. Toss to season.
- After 5-10 minutes, serve.
No two people are alike, which is how we wind up with such great takes on recipes. That being said, some people prefer to peel their chickpeas before they roast them as it has been said that this will help make them crispier. However, not everyone turns to this method and some people think the crispiness is fine on its own.
Much like with beef, at-home chefs have debated when to season their garbanzo beans. Some like to season them in a bowl before roasting them while others prefer to do it afterward. It really all boils down to which method you find works best for you. Both routes will give you a delicious end-product but to each their own!
Seasoning is perhaps the biggest difference from chef to chef. Garbanzo beans can be seasoned with chili powder, cumin, red pepper, rosemary, or sea salt. There are lots of different ways that you can add flavor to your roasted chickpeas and the power rests in your hands.
With all the different options out there for seasoning, roasted garbanzo beans are a popular choice for anyone looking for a healthy snack or a tasty topper to salads. It doesn’t take you very long to make and this is no doubt one of the best snacks you can make for yourself!