A balsamic glaze is a savory addition to dishes that gets hearts racing when foodies think about it. It’s hard not to get excited when your bruschetta or Caprese skewers are drizzled in a glaze loaded with flavor. Your favorite Italian restaurants will often serve food accompanied with a delicious balsamic reduction for a better end product that leaves you wanting more. Why not bring the tasty glaze to dinner in your own home by learning how to make a balsamic glaze of your own?
How To Make Balsamic Glaze
With just a few simple ingredients you, too, can drizzle your dishes in a glaze that’s 5-star restaurant quality.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Pour your 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and heat over low-medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat.
It’s not set in stone that you need to use brown sugar as a sweetener. You can also use equal amounts of honey or maple syrup. You’re also more than welcome to add more sweetener if you prefer your balsamic glaze to be sweeter, but it’s up to you!
This tart balsamic reduction is a surefire way to make your dinners a bit sweeter. With so few ingredients needed, you can’t afford not to add this to your meals!