We all have memories of hearing the familiar melody of the ice cream truck from down the street. We would ask our parents to spare us some change to buy a cold and delicious treat. There’s something about that a chilled ice cream sandwich that instantly brightens your day. Great news! You don’t have to wait around all day for the ice cream man to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here is our recipe for homemade ice cream sandwiches, with real cookies!
What You’ll Need
- Ice cream of your choice
- A batch of cookie dough of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mounds of cookie dough scoops on parchment paper
- Bake until cookies are soft and slightly brown around the edges and let cool
- Take one scoop of ice cream and place on bottom of one cookie
- Then, place another cookie on top
- Smooth out the ice cream edges with a butter knife or spoon
- Last, wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap and freeze for 3 hours
Now that you know the basics of making an ice cream sandwich here are a couple of fun recipes:
FunFetti Ice Cream Sandwich
This colorful sweet treat is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Sandwich together two M&M cookies and one scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then, roll in rainbow confetti sprinkles. This is the perfect remix of your basic ice cream sandwich.
The “Fourth Of July” Ice Cream Sandwich
Follow the directions as you usually would, but before freezing roll into red,white, and blue sprinkles. Who knew showing American pride could be so delicious?
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich
Use chocolate chip cookie dough and a scoop of mint chocolate ice cream and indulge in the refreshing minty goodness.