Serving your ice cream in a regular bowl or cone can be boring. Get a little creative and make your serving dish out of chocolate chip cookie dough. Not only are they delicious but they are easy and fun to make. Here is a foolproof way to make chocolate chip cookie bowls that everyone will love.
What You’ll Need
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Muffin pan
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flip over the muffin pan and lightly spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl mix salt, brown sugar, flour, granulated sugar–mix well.
- Then, add the softened butter, eggs, vanilla and baking soda to the dry mixture and mix until dough becomes stiff.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir well.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin on a floured flat surface to about 1/8 inches in thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut round portions of the dough.
- Smooth cookie disks on top of each pan mold.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- After cookies have cooled, carefully remove them with a small spatula or butter knife.
- Last, fill them with your favorite ice cream and enjoy.
Cookie Bowl Pairing Ideas
Classic Ice Cream Sundae
These crispy chocolate chip cookie bowls are perfect for an ice cream sundae. Fill with ice cream of your choice and top with your favorite sweet toppings. An ice cream fan favorite is Hershey’s chocolate syrup. The combinations are endless, so get a little crazy if you want.
Fill With Fresh Fruit
You don’t have to fill these bowls with ice cream, you can use them for a refreshing fruit salad. Specifically, they are best paired with juicy strawberries and raspberries–you can even drizzle and little chocolate syrup. Adding fruit to anything makes it healthy, right?
Add Some FroYo
In addition to fruit, get your daily dose of probiotics by adding frozen yogurt. Frozen yogurt is packed with health benefits and had less fat and calories than ice cream, so you can enjoy this decadent treat without the guilt.