There’s nothing more indulgent than biting into a chocolate dipped strawberry. You don’t have to run to the store and buy an expensive box of these luxurious treats, you can make your own at home. Follow this easy step-by-step guide on how to make chocolate covered strawberries.
What You’ll Need
- 6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 package of strawberries
- Baking sheet
- A sheet of wax paper
- First, rinse and dry strawberries with a paper towel or cloth.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until it is smooth.
- Then, line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Holding the strawberry by its stem dip it into the chocolate, swirling it to make sure it is coated.
- Next, shake off the excess chocolate and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the berries and place them in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
Gifting Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Edible Arrangements can be expensive. Why not get creative and make your own arrangement of chocolate covered strawberries? You can either pack them in a nice box or craft them into a bouquet. Either way, this makes for a very thoughtful gift for any occasion.
Pairing Chocolate Covered Strawberries
This decadent dessert is great on its own, but it tastes even better when paired with a nice dessert wine or champagne. Specifically, chocolate covered strawberries and rosé champagne make the perfect pair. In addition to a chilled glass of rosé or rosé champagne, a Red Zinfandel makes for a great pairing as well. Its sweet notes bring out the richness in the chocolate and the sweetness in the strawberry. The last pairing for chocolate dipped strawberries is a dry prosecco. Its fruity notes compliment the strawberry and chocolate beautifully.