If you are prone to the occasional sweet tooth, then perhaps you’ve gone great lengths to purchase ingredients, put them all together, whip up the frosting, baked the cake, then by the time you’re all done, you’re exhausted. Many traditional cakes require more attention to detail, as the wrong ingredient and technique can render it tasteless or flat. However, the cherry dump cake is the perfect solution for anyone trying to create something flavorful and fun, whether it be for your own enjoyment or for sharing with friends and family.
What Is A Cherry Dump Cake?
As the name suggests, a cherry dump cake is a type of dessert, in which the ingredients to make it are literally dropped into a cake pan, with very minimal mixing. The purpose of a dump cake is to throw together a dessert that is as basic, yet tasty as possible, without all the hassle that comes with a traditional cake.
The magic of the traditional cherry dump cake comes from the no-stir approach. As you lay all your ingredients into a pan, the liquid from the fruit plays the role of soaking up the cake mix, which lends a moist, crust-like texture with lots of flavor. The recipe doesn’t call for additional sugar, eggs or flour and though classical ingredients are favored, the dump cake has evolved, utilizing even fresher ingredients, so sometimes chocolate and other spices that may sound appealing to you. Whatever variation you choose, the cherry dump cake is one of the most popular flavors and will definitely satiate your taste buds.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 21 oz. cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 tsp. Of almond extract
- ½ cup of melted salted butter
How to Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds or heat over stove in pot until warm and melted.
3. Coat the inside of a 9X13 inch glass or aluminum baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Drop ½ tsp. of almond extract into each can of cherry pie filling, then stir.
5. Pour both cans into baking dish, then spread evenly.
6. Open the box of yellow cake mix then evenly scatter evenly over the cherry pie filling.
7. Next, drizzle butter over the entire pie mix and filling. Place into oven and allow to bake for about 50-60 minutes. Serve warm and serve with ice cream(optional).
The cherry dump cake is just as moist and satisfying as any traditional cake, without the hassle, which means you can enjoy it more often. It’s funny wording but anyone can make this dessert because no tools necessary. Though there are a variety of dump cakes out there, nothing comes close to the traditional cherry dump cake as it offers a mouthwatering classic for a delightful one of a kind taste.