Summer is the season for day parties, music festivals, and visits to the amusement park. However, with all the summer fun comes smoldering and uncomfortable heat. There’s nothing more refreshing than a hydrating slice of watermelon or a cooling popsicle, right? Why not combine these two summer treats by crafting homemade watermelon popsicles? If your mouth is watering for one, follow this simple recipe.
What You’ll Need
- Popsicle molds
- 1 cup strawberries
- 4 cups of seedless watermelon
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Fruit juice (optional)
Make sure your watermelon is ripe before diving in!
- First, cut watermelon into small chunks. Be sure to discard the rind.
- Then, cut off the stem of the strawberries and slice them in half.
- Next, combine sugar, strawberries, watermelon, and lime juice in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Add a splash of fruit juice to taste if you like. If you decide to add fruit juice, don’t overdo it or you may end up with a slushy mess.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Lastly, freeze until they are solid and enjoy!