Once guests ring the doorbell and you’ve made them a refreshing summer drink on the patio, it’s time to feed them. Before the entree makes an appearance you need to serve them some appetizers to tide them over. Rather than the typical store-bought dips and bagel chips, veer off the beaten path with a homemade smoked salmon dip. It’s something that stands out from your classic salsa or guacamole, won’t eat up too much of your time, and makes for a delicious snack that you can munch on before the main event.
Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
What You’ll Need
- 4 oz of chopped smoked salmon
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor and pulse until it’s smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor and blend thoroughly until everything is creamy.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve alongside crackers or bagel chips.
You can mix and match some ingredients if you’d like to add different flavors to your smoked salmon dip. Some people use red onion in lieu of green onion while others like to add a bit of Worcestershire sauce. If you’re someone who enjoys a kick of spice to your food then you can also add in about 1/4 of a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce or even one minced jalapeno pepper. Some people choose to leave out the mayonnaise while others like to add some cooked bacon pieces to their dip.
You also have the option of leaving the skin on your salmon. Salmon skin is full of health benefits and you’d be getting a good serving of omega-3 fatty acids and additional nutrients like protein.
Spare 15 minutes of your time before dinner or a get-together to whip up a smoked salmon dip that can be served alongside crostini, bagel chips, or crackers. It works well with bagels as well for those who want an extra serving of the yummy dip.