Mozzarella sticks are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. You can buy them already made in your local grocery store’s freezer section, but there’s nothing like a fresh batch from scratch. You don’t have to be a chef to make these crispy and cheesy appetizers, just this follow recipe and tutorial on how to make mozzarella sticks.
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 sticks of string cheese cut in half
- 1 cup vegetable oil or oil with a high smoke point
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- First, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Then, coat pieces of cheese in flour and dip in the egg and milk mixture.
- Next, roll the saturated piece of cheese in breadcrumbs.
- To fully cover the cheese in breading, dip in egg and breadcrumbs again.
- Repeat this process for the remainder of the cheese sticks.
- Freeze breaded sticks for about 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or medium-sized pot and cook sticks until they are golden brown.
- When they’re are done, drain them on a paper towel.
- Lastly, serve your crispy mozzarella with marinara sauce and enjoy.