Banana bread is on everyone’s list of the best comfort foods. This moist cake-like bread is sweet enough to eat for dessert or pair with your morning coffee. Unlike other bakery favorites, this recipe is straightforward and doesn’t require a mixer. Try out this recipe for homemade banana bread.
What You’ll Need
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 / 2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 /4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (if you don’t want to use sugar, check out these sugar alternatives)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/ 2 chopped walnuts (optional)
- 8×4-inch loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your 8×4 loaf pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash ripe bananas with a fork until they are smooth.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and then, mix it into the mashed bananas.
- Then, add salt, baking soda. Next, stir in beaten egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Last, add in flour and walnuts (if you like).
- Stir this mixture well and pour into the greased pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. To ensure that the bread is done baking, insert a toothpick or butter knife in the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, then your banana bread is ready to take out of the oven.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Once it is cool, slice and serve.
If you want to get a little fancy with your banana bread, spread on some icing. Don’t go out an buy the store-bought kind, make your own with this cream cheese frosting recipe. Another way to add some extra sweetness to is to toss in some chocolate chips. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is to die for and will have you going back for a second slice.