If you’d like a fun twist on a dessert, then you have to try your hand at cake mix cookies, which are just like any other cookie, only they’re made with cake mix and they taste amazing, with a lighter fluffier texture than conventional cookies. Cake mix cookies are the perfect dessert If you’re in a pinch or if you find that you just can’t decide to make cookies or cake. This recipe offers the best of both worlds.
Cake mix can be made with any flavor boxed cake mix -vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, you name it. All you do is roll them up into a ball, put them in the oven, and you’ve got yourself a cake mix cookie! What’s better is that you can add any type of icing, or none at all, for a delectable and fun treat that is so easy to create that even a kid can make it. Here is a simple and quick cake mix cookie recipe.
Before You Bake
When rolling your cookies, be sure to keep the cookie dough in a ball form before you bake them. As they heat, they will naturally flatten. Flattening them prior to baking them may cause them to over-flatten and become too brittle. if you would like to render more of a homemade taste, adding a pinch of ingredients, such as vanilla, salt, butter or even milk can lend more of a rich texture that will taste as though you made your cake mix cookies from scratch.
What You’ll Need
- 1 18.25 ounce box of cake mix in a flavor of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- Frosting, sprinkle, powdered sugar (optional)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oils together until mixture is completely combined. Mixture should be sticky, yet firm.
3. Take tablespoon sized chunks and roll them into balls with the palm of your hands.
4. Place rolled cookies onto a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for about 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden.
5. When cookies are completely cooked, take out of oven, place on cooling rack.
6. Once cookies are completely cooled, you may decorate them with frosting and sprinkles or dust with powdered sugar.
Cake mix cookies are a fun way to make use of your boxed cake mix recipe, other than…a cake. If you’d like to create simple and yummy cake mix cookies, then this no fuss recipe is ideal to satisfy your sweet tooth.