Are you tired of eating oatmeal and fruit every morning? Do you miss the taste of buttermilk fluffy pancakes? Don’t worry your little vegan heart anymore, it is possible to enjoy dairy free flapjacks.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or another milk alternative)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- First, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together almond milk and vanilla extract. Then, add the almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet with oil over medium heat. Scoop out about a 1/4 cup of the pancake batter and place onto the skillet.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until the surface begins to bubble. If you’re still unsure of when the right time to flip your pancake, slightly lift it. If it is golden brown then it is ready to flip. Slide the spatula in the middle of the pancake lift and flip.
- Do the same for the other side.
- Repeat this process for the remaining batter.
More Vegan Pancake Ideas
Now that you’re a pro at making delicious vegan pancakes, take your flapjacks to the next level with these creative vegan-friendly recipes.
Plain vegan pancakes are great but why not add apples and pecans? These healthy apple pecan pancakes are high in protein and fiber, and you will forget that they’re 100% vegan.
Maple Caramel and Berry Pancakes
Don’t pair your pancakes with plain maple syrup, indulge in maple caramel syrup. These vegan carrot pancakes are more like dessert than breakfast, but who says you can’t treat yourself first thing in the morning?
These gorgeous gourmet pistachio pancakes are worth trying. Don’t be put off by their green color, there is no artificial coloring involved in the making of these pancakes–the secret is to add spinach.