A common misconception about veganism is that you have to compromise your sweet tooth! Well, this couldn’t be further from the truth. You’re probably wondering how you can achieve a batch of warm and gooey vegan chocolate cookies without butter or eggs. The secret is applesauce. Usually, when a recipe calls for eggs, it’s to add moisture. Therefore, replace one egg with 1/4 cup applesauce. To find out more, follow our recipe for irresistible vegan chocolate chip cookies.
What You’ll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup vegan granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (brand will specify)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix coconut oil, sugar, and applesauce.
- Then, stir in almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Next, add flour, salt, and baking soda and stir until mixture forms into a dough. Then, add the vegan chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Using a scooper, scoop out portions of the cookie dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let them cool and enjoy!