Gummy bears are a sweet candy consisting of a mixture of sugar, starch, and flavorings that are shaped to look like teddy bears. You may have gorged on gummies as a kid, leading to many appointments with the dentist. But our spin on gummy bears is a little bit different. If you've ever needed a cure for a long week, then gummy bear shots are just the thing you need to make you feel like a kid again.
In a nutshell, gummy bear shots are gummy bears that are soaked in alcohol for an extended amount of time. Even if you aren't necessarily a culinary connoisseur, gummy bear shots are a fun way to mix up your favorite alcoholic beverage and are very simple to create. You may blend your shots with whiskey, vodka, wine or any other concoction of your choice for a considerably concentrated mix. When alcohol is allowed to ferment the gummy bears, the absorption of the alcohol expands the gummy bears and inspires a more concentrated combination, so when you dive in, each bite is a flavored buzz.
Another fun way to incorporate spiked gummy bears is to make your own. Unlike conventional, store-bought brands, making a homemade version of gummy bear shots comes without all the artificial ingredients.
1. Place the molds on a large baking sheet.
2. Place the wine into a measuring glass, then set aside.
3. Whisk together the granulated sugar and powdered gelatin in a large bowl.
4. Take the wine and heat it in the microwave until it begins to boil. About 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Pour the sugar mixture into the hot wine and stir. It is ok if the wine foams a bit. It will settled. Then stir until the sugar mixture is completely dissolved and add in the flavoring and food coloring, if desired.
6. Pour the mixture into the molds, evenly.
7. Place into the refrigerator until mixture turns firm or for 2 hours. Then serve.
Vodka gummy bears take just 24 hours to make. The more you soak them, the more alcohol they will absorb for an infused treat that is highly concentrated. You can use as little or as many as you want and takes only less than 5 minutes to prepare.
1. In a few small bowls, or one large baking dish, fill up about halfway with the gummy bears.
2. Pour the vodka to cover the candy well, just enough to soak them, but do not pour to the brim of the container.
3. Cover the containers with plastic wrap, and allow them to sit, room temperature overnight or for about 20 hours.
4. After the gummy bears are finished soaking, take them out of the vodka. If a few pieces clump together, gently pull them apart.
5. Place the gummy bears on a flat, dry plate, alongside serving forks or toothpicks to serve. Enjoy!
Gummy bear Jell-O shots are a convergence tradition vs. new. Combining the gummy bears with Jell-O not only imparts more flavor but looks really cool. Here is a very easy recipe.
1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil, then add the packet of Jell-O.
2. Once dissolved, take Jell-O mixture off of the burner, then add a cup of vodka.
3. Pour mixture into individual shot glasses, then drop a gummy into each shot. You may either use pre-soaked gummy bears or as is, depending on your preference.
4. Cool Jell-O mixture in fridge for about 2 hours or until firm. When mixture is completely set, serve and enjoy!
There are a variety of ways to create your favorite gummy shot recipes. Whether for a party or to enjoy alone, there is no shortage of fun when it comes to creative alcoholic beverages. Keep these ideas in mind for when you're in the mood for unique gummy bear shot recipes.