A lot of things go through someone’s head when they hear “ice cream.” Perhaps they’re thoughts of the ice cream truck, visiting a favorite ice cream place during the warmer months, or making some at home for friends and family. While those are all well and good, there’s something out there that cranks ice cream up a notch: alcohol. Oh, yes, alcoholic ice cream exists and it’s here to change your life! Though it’s not a particularly new concept, alcoholic ice cream is still something people seldom indulge in over the summer since there’s so much alcohol-free ice cream out there. But if you’re looking to make something a little feistier this summer then you should infuse your favorite flavors with alcohol and reap the rewards of the end result.
How To Make Alcoholic Ice Cream
What You’ll Need
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups of half and half
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of Bailey’s
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Ice cream maker
- Place all of your ingredients (minus the Bailey’s) into a large saucepan and let simmer over medium-high heat. Stir the mixture for 10-15 minutes or until everything is combined and has thickened.
- After the allotted time, remove from heat and pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl.
- Add the Bailey’s in and stir until everything is mixed.
- Cover the bowl with a sheet of plastic wrap (or place a lid overtop the bowl if you have one) and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and stick the mixture into your ice cream maker. Follow the instructions your ice cream maker has.
- Place your ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 hours.
No ice cream is really complete with an extra serving of chocolate, so once your ice cream is ready to be eaten you can drizzle chocolate syrup overtop or sprinkle in some chocolate chips.
Other Recipes To Try Out
Since ice cream already comes in a wide variety of flavors, why stop at Bailey’s? One of the best things about alcoholic ice cream is that you already have a huge assortment of booze and ice cream flavors to choose from and your creative juices should really be flowing! In case you need a little help getting started you can hit up these recipes and see for yourself what all the fuss is about.
This recipe combines rose and raspberries for a treat that can’t be beat. Not only does their recipe only call for a few basic ingredients, but it won’t take you much longer than an hour to make. You should be able to get about six servings out of their recipe and you’ll able to dive in much faster.
Rum And Ginger Ice Cream
If you’re looking to make mouth-watering alcoholic ice cream then you needn’t go further than this recipe here. This one will take you a bit longer to make, but you’re also onboard to learn how to make chocolate rum sauce. Their ice cream is simple enough to make and they also provide a recipe for Caffe Coretto ice cream so talk about your two-for-one!
Vegan Salted Bourbon Caramel Ice Cream
Don’t worry, vegans. We didn’t forget about you! Why should everyone else have their alcoholic ice cream without you joining in on the fun too? This recipe teaches you how to make caramel ice cream using almond and coconut milk.
With so many options out there to choose from, there’s no reason not to indulge in alcoholic ice cream this summer. There’s something out there for everyone, recipes are a breeze, and what’s better than combining two staples of summer together into one tasty snack? Get out there and make yourself some ice cream!