When we think of the word butter, it’s often associated with the need to be used in small amounts. The perfect combination of butter, salt, sugar, and flour among a few other ingredients makes some of the most delicious cake that you will probably ever taste. However, butter is the winning ingredient in this flavorful combination, which is butter cake. Unlike many other cakes, which utilize some variety of combination of ingredients and pound cake which uses an equal amount of each ingredient, butter cake is simple, yet delicious but is also very rich, so it’s best to come hungry if you choose to try your hand at this concoction.
The rich taste of butter, paired with the sugary sweet creaminess is what gives this cake such a coveted reputation. Like all recipes, quality makes a big difference so be sure to use natural, pure ingredients rather than those that are artificial to impart the best taste and texture. If you are prompted to add various flavorings such as vanilla, almond, or lemon extract or other flavors, you may make this tasty recipe your own to add a little pizzazz. However, be careful, as a little goes a very long way and be sure to cook it just so it’s creamy center remains.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (or flavor of your choice)
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and eggs until completely blended.
- Add the sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Place the mixture into the bundt cake pan and place into the oven, heating for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted and the cake is golden brown.
- When the cake is done, allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then gently take it out of the cake pan.
- If you would like to top your cake with frosting or icing, you may do so for added riches. Apply the topping when the cake is completely cool.
Butter cake may be unheard of by many, but you will find that it is full of flavor once you’ve enjoyed a slice of your own. Try this recipe to enjoy any time of the day or for special occasions.