It’s hard to envision your favorite baking recipe having any less than a dozen ingredients, many of which you don’t have readily at home. There always seems to be that one little thing we either just ran out of or have never thought to grab in stores. We can only imagine how many batches of cookies or cakes were scrapped or didn’t come out right (R.I.P) because of this. Well, baked goods don’t need all those fancy ingredients to be delicious.
A three-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe sounds a little too good to be true, but you read that right. This cookie recipe only requires a few very simple things that are bound to be on your shelves at home.
Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir the ingredients together until everything is well combined. If you have an electric mixer it would be worth it to whip it out because things will get pretty sticky with all that peanut butter.
- Once it’s all mixed, take spoonfuls of dough and roll them into balls. Place them on a nonstick cookie sheet or a sheet lined with parchment paper.
- To add a criss-cross pattern on the cookie before baking, take a fork and press down on the balls of dough to make a pattern across the top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Leave to cool for 1-2 minutes and enjoy.
Additional Tips And Tricks
All About The Sugar
You can also mix things up with the amount of sugar you want to add. Some people don’t want their cookies loaded with too much sweetness, so they reduce the amount to only 1/4 cup. However, there are plenty of bakers out there who use a full cup of granulated sugar. If you’d prefer to use brown sugar, you may also opt for that as well. You can swap out the granulated stuff for equal parts brown. It’s all up to you and your personal tastes.
Types Of Peanut Butter
Of course, the kind of peanut butter that you use will also change the recipe slightly. More often than not, the peanut butter used in this recipe is creamy and smooth but you’re more than welcome to use the crunchy kind if that’s your go-to.
These peanut butter cookies are not only scrumptious but they’re super simple to make. Even if you’re no whiz in the kitchen, making three-ingredient peanut butter cookies is foolproof and a great way to introduce yourself to the world of baking.