Peppermint bark is an effortless holiday treat you can create with just three ingredients and some utensils around the kitchen. Even if you’ve never tried bark before it’s time to break the streak because bark is something everyone can enjoy. It’s also the perfect recipe for those in a bind for what to bring to a party or those who don’t have a lot of time in their schedule to make something more elaborate. Whatever your reasoning, who doesn’t want to pamper themselves with two different types of chocolate?
How To Make Peppermint Bark
What You’ll Need
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate
- 12 ounces of white chocolate
- One package of peppermint candies
- Unwrap your peppermint candies and place them in a Ziploc bag. Seal the bag tightly and roll over the candies with a rolling pin or gently smack them in the bag to crush them. (You can also use a hammer to crush things into finer pieces.) Make sure you don’t have any full candies left.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate however you like. You can pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds or stick it in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
- Once the dark chocolate is melted, use a spatula to spread it thinly over the cookie sheet. As soon as you have a nice spread, place it in the fridge to cool. It’ll take about 30 minutes to fully chill.
- Melt the white chocolate however you like. You can pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds or stick it in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
- Once the white chocolate has melted, take the completely cool dark chocolate out of the fridge and pour the white chocolate over the top. Use a spatula to achieve the same level of thickness as the dark chocolate and to ensure an even spread.
- While the white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the candy pieces over the top until everything is covered.
- Place the bark in the fridge and allow to fully cool for 30-45 minutes.
- Once everything has hardened, break the bark into pieces by hand.
There’s no one stopping you from making our peppermint bark recipe into something all your own. If you’d rather swap dark chocolate for equal amounts milk chocolate then feel free to sub it out. Milk chocolate is obviously much sweeter, so just prepare yourself for that if you go down this route.
You can also use candy canes for your peppermint flavor. Candy canes come in a variety of flavors, too, so if you’re looking to make things a little different then you can use flavored peppermint in your bark. You can also add a few drops of peppermint oil to your recipe as well to really bring out the minty flavor.
As you can see, peppermint bark is super uncomplicated. If you’re in a pinch and need something fast then this is the recipe for you.