Craving a Butterbeer but don't have tickets to Harry Potter Studios? Look no further than your local Starbucks. The coffee chain has new drinks on its secret menu that will make Harry Potter fans everywhere say, "Accio."
The Butterbeer Frappuccino is a delicious icy take on the wizarding world's Butterbeer, an impossibly sweet butterscotch drink widely consumed by witches and wizards everywhere. And now, thanks to Starbucks, us Muggles can enjoy it, too.
Because it's part of the Starbucks secret menu, you're not going to see it listed as an option in-house. When ordering anything from the secret menu, Starbucks says it's important to know the recipe of the drink you want, in case the barista is unfamiliar with the recipe -- after all, there are over 200 secret drink recipes listed.
Here's the recipe for ordering a successful Butterbeer Frappuccino:
• Ask for a Creme Frappuccino base. Don't ask for skim or 2 percent milk -- whole milk is required to maintain the right consistency. If you're getting a Butterbeer, you're already committed to a fatty drink, so just get the whole milk.
• Add three pumps of caramel syrup
• Add three pumps of toffee nut syrup
• Top with caramel drizzle
And voila. If you're not digging the sweetness, you can adjust the recipe to make it lighter.
And if Frappuccinos aren't your thing, or if it's colder than Hogwarts at Christmas outside, you can get the drink in latte form. Here is the recipe for the Hot Butterbeer Latte:
• Start with whole milk steamer
• Add caramel syrup (two pumps for a tall, three for a grande, four for a venti)
• Add Toffee nut syrup (two pumps for a tall, three for a grande, four for a venti)
• Add cinnamon dolce syrup (two pumps for a tall, three for a grande, four for a venti)
• Add whipped cream and salted caramel its on top, or, if you prefer, creme brulee topping
• If you still want that coffee taste, add a shot of espresso (two shots for a grande or venti)
No matter how you take your Butterbeer, you can now get the sugary drink whenever you want -- not just at Universal Studios.