Decadent Better Than Sex Cake
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces caramel ice cream sauce
- 2 cups Heath Bits O’ Brickle (divided)
- chocolate ice cream sauce for garnish
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-by-13-inch baking dish by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Set the dish aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the devil’s food cake mix, eggs, milk, and butter until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
Add the sour cream, flour, and cocoa powder. Continue to mix the batter until it is smooth and the ingredients are combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and place the dish in the oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Once the cake is done baking, allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke several holes in the surface of the cake.
While the cake is cooling, add the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally with the wooden spoon until the sauce has thinned, about 3-5 minutes.
Carefully pour the warm caramel sauce over the top of the cake. Then sprinkle the cake with 1 3/4 cups of the toffee bits.
Cover the cake with aluminum foil. Allow the cake to come to room temperature before placing the cake in the refrigerator to cool for at least 3 hours.
Once the cake is completely cool, spread the whipped cream topping over the cake with a silicone spatula. Garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup of toffee bits and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Serve the cake chilled. Store the cake in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
As your cake cools, prepare the whipped cream. In the chilled bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla.
Whisk on high until the cream looks set and dense. Do not overmix; the mixture will begin to separate!
This sinfully delicious dessert is so hard to resist that it truly deserves its alluring name. Take a slice of this tempting dessert, and you’ll be coming back for seconds. Is this dessert really better than sex? Have a nibble and let us know. It may be even better after sex!
How To Make Better Than Sex Cake Sexier
If you’re looking to make your scrumptious cake even more enticing, look no further:
- Change the cake mix for an exciting spin on the classic. Vanilla, marble, red velvet, or German chocolate cake mix would be delicious!
- Add peanut butter cups, Snickers bars, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, Oreos, or Butterfinger bars.
- Add alcohol, such as Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, or Godiva liqueurs.
- Change the topping to vanilla buttercream, cream cheese frosting, peanut butter frosting, strawberry compote, or Cool Whip.