Cheesy Bacon Egg Bites
- 6 slices of bacon
- 7 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 24-cup mini muffin pan
- nonstick cooking spray
- large nonstick skillet
- paper towel
- large bowl
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set the pan aside.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until it is crispy, about 7-10 minutes per side. Place the bacon on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain any excess oils. Set the bacon aside to cool.
While the bacon is cooking, whisk the eggs in a large bowl until they are light in color and frothy. Gradually add the heavy whipping cream and continue to beat the mixture until well blended.
Add the kosher salt, garlic powder, and cheddar cheese to the egg mixture. Mix until well combined.
Once the bacon has cooled, crumble it into small pieces. Add the bacon bits to the egg mixture. Stir until blended.
Carefully fill each mini muffin cup 2/3 full of egg mixture. Sprinkle each filled muffin cup with Monterey Jack cheese before placing the pan in the oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of an egg muffin. Allow the egg bites to sit for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan. Enjoy!
Regular milk may be used in place of heavy whipping cream in this recipe. Heavy whipping cream will make for much creamier cheesy bacon egg bites, however. Also, unlike regular milk, heavy whipping cream is higher in fat and low in sugar content, making it an excellent option for those on a ketogenic or low-carb diet.
If you’d prefer to cook your bacon in the oven, please refer to our article here.
Cheesy bacon egg bites would make a marvelous addition to your weekly breakfast roundup. Don’t allow the size of these egg bites to fool you; these miniature delights are jam-packed with incredible cheesy flavor. The heavy whipping cream whisked with the eggs creates a decadently smooth, creamy mouthfeel — making this on-the-go breakfast truly one of a kind.
How To Make These Cheesy Bacon Egg Bites Your Own
If you’re feeling the urge to substitute some different cheeses and meats for the cheddar, Monterey Jack, and bacon, you can certainly switch up the flavor combinations.
- Try adding bits of crumbled Italian sausage, ground beef, or cubed ham to your cheesy egg bites — or add a mix of meats for a loaded egg bite full of exciting flavors!
- You can choose from several cheeses when deciding on what to blend into your egg mixture. Some of our favorites include Gouda, Gruyère, feta, and goat cheese.
- If you’d like to add texture, place some crescent dough into the bottom of each muffin cup to serve as a buttery crust.
- For a more nutritious variation on this deliciously convenient breakfast, check out our healthy egg muffins that make meal prep a breeze!
Cheesy bacon egg bites are an excellent way to start your day. Make them ahead of time, and you’ll be starting your weekday mornings stress-free.