Copycat Rice Krispies Treats
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 20 cups miniature marshmallows (divided)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 9-by-13-inch baking dish
- nonstick cooking spray
- large saucepan or stockpot
Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set the dish aside.
Add the butter and 16 cups of miniature marshmallows to a large saucepan or stockpot.
Melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Stir continually.
When the butter and marshmallows have melted, pour in the salt and vanilla. Stir to combine.
Remove the saucepan or stockpot from the heat.
Pour the Rice Krispies into the marshmallow mixture and blend until the cereal is thoroughly coated.
Stir in the remaining 4 cups of miniature marshmallows.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press it firmly down into the pan.
Allow the mixture to set in the pan for 30 minutes. Slice it into squares and serve. Enjoy!
To get 20 cups of miniature marshmallows, buy 3 10-ounce bags of miniature marshmallows.
You may substitute larger marshmallows for miniature marshmallows in this recipe. Use a digital scale to measure out 680 grams (the weight of 20 cups of miniature marshmallows).
Store your homemade Rice Krispies treats in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days. Do not store in the refrigerator.
Who can resist that satisfying marshmallowy stretch when pulling apart a soft, buttery, gooey Rice Krispies treat? These delicious pillowy squares are incredibly simple to prepare, since they only require a few key ingredients: rice cereal, butter, and marshmallows. Using the correct amount of each ingredient is what truly makes or breaks this dessert. Here at Oola, we believe that we’ve discovered that magical balance of elements that’ll put anyone else’s Rice Krispies treats to shame, every time. So go ahead and whip up a batch of these bad boys and tell us what you think.
How To Make Your Homemade Rice Krispies Treats Your Own
These sugary snacks are delicious plain, but if you feel like getting creative, you can add some tasty add-ins or add-ons to make these treats your own.
- Spread a luscious coating of rich melted dark chocolate on the top of your bars while they cool in the baking dish.
- Add some additional flavor and texture by sprinkling in some M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, semisweet chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips.
- Instead of using Rice Krispies, experiment with cereals such as Fruit Loops, Cocoa Pebbles, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Use cookie cutters to cut your Rice Krispies treats into fun and interesting shapes.
These Rice Krispies treats will undoubtedly be the best you’ll ever prepare at home. If you want a quick and simple dessert that is sure to please everyone, this is your recipe!