Celebrate the upcoming Superbowl or any big game day with this touchdown-worthy seven layer dip made with Herdez® Guacamole Salsa. Our quick and easy seven layer dip recipe is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. Your party guests will be delighted that this sizzling creamy seven layer dip made it to the game day snackin’ menu.
As most seven layer dips, our dip comes together fairly quickly for busy party hosts using pre-packaged ingredients. Our dip features classic layers, that you and your guests know and love.
You’ll find refried beans flavored with taco seasoning for some extra zing, tangy sour cream, plump grape tomatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced black olives, and green onions, But, there is one ingredient that sets our seven layer dip apart from the rest, Herdez® Guacamole Salsa.
Seven Layer Dip
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar Herdez® Guacamole Salsa, mild or medium
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives
- 2 medium green onion, chopped
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- small bowl
- small trifle bowl, 8 x 8 baking dish or pie dish
In a small bowl, stir the refried beans, taco seasoning mix, and two tablespoons of sour cream until smooth. Spread the bean mixture into the bottom of a small trifle bowl, 8 x 8 baking dish or pie dish.
Next, pour the Herdez® Guacamole Salsa over the bean mixture. Continue to add the remainder of the sour cream on top of the guacamole salsa. Be careful not to press the sour cream down into the guacamole salsa as the mixture is thin and the sour cream could sink.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese, halved grape tomatoes, sliced black olives, and chopped green onions on top.
Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Mostly any dip bowl will do when it comes to seven-layer dip. But, a glass dish is best, so the layers are visible.
What is Herdez® Guacamole Salsa?
Herdez® combines the heart and soul of two beloved Mexican appetizers to create one unbelievably flavorful dip, guacamole salsa. Herdez® Guacamole Salsa has both the smooth creamy texture of guacamole and mild heat from the salsa.
The fresh, simple ingredients make this savory spicy dip the perfect accompaniment to your Mexican-style meals. Find Herdez® at your local grocer or purchase online to make our seven layer dip and many other Herdez® inspired recipes.
Seven Layer Dip With A Twist
Although many seven layer dips feature similar layers, you can always live, life to your tastes and experiment with this delicious party dip to make it your own.
- Traditionally, seven layer dip is served cold but you have the option of serving it hot so the cheese is gooey and melty. Wait to add the sour cream, grape tomatoes, sliced olives, and green onions, until after the dip is baked. Bake the dip at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Add more cheese if desired.
- Another option is to add ground beef to your seven layer dip, mixed with taco seasoning.
- Try mixing one package of cream cheese with one container of sour cream for a more luscious creamy layer.