1) "My friend bit into what we are pretty certain was an entire fried chicken head at a Krystal/some chicken place combination restaurant. He immediately threw up neatly into his little takeout box and excused himself."--
2) "I was at a McDonald's once and went straight to the restroom after ordering. I hear some guy sitting on the toilet grunting away and giving it his all. When he gets out, it turns out to be a fry cook with his gloves still on. I expect him to head straight to the sink and wash his hands. Nope, right back to work he goes."--
3) "When Applebee's put a scoop of mac and cheese in my ice cream sundae. Apparently, they dropped the ice cream scooper as they were making the sundae so they just picked up some random spoon without paying any attention. It just so happens that it was the one loaded with Mac & Cheese. Don't get me wrong, when I took that bite I swear I almost died, it was not pleasant."--
4) "This story is especially horrifying if you don't like spiders. A few years ago I got a Route 44 Coke at Sonic. After finishing the drink, I pulled off the lid to chew on the ice. That's when I discovered a pretty good sized wolf spider that had 'drowned' and was now sitting on top of the ice. I'm guessing it was 'hiding' in the empty cup and accidentally went on a crazy and fateful ride. I wasn't too happy with the situation either."--
5) "I was traveling in Vietnam and was really craving western food, so I went to KFC. I got a Big Crunch sandwich, and about two bites in I got a mouthful of what I thought was mayo, but it was actually a cyst that burst when I bit into it. It's been over 10 years and the only chicken I'll think of eating at KFC is popcorn chicken."--
6) "I grabbed a burger from McDonald's and right as I was about to bite into it, I saw a bunch of mold on the top bun. I took it back to the counter and the guy working asked me if I wanted him to toast it. No?!"
7) "I went to Little Caesars before closing because it was the only thing open late. We walked to my buddy's apartment to eat it. I carelessly rip my first slice, it flips up half the pizza for a second so my eyes catch something on the bottom, a large burn spot. I begin eating my slice, but my mind is thinking that burn spot didn't really look like a burn spot. I finish my slice and flip over the pizza that had flipped up earlier, and sure enough, it wasn't a burn spot - it was a massive hornet. They baked a wasp-fly thing into my pizza. The dough contoured around it, so it was baked right in there. I tossed it out the window."--
8) "I drove up to the speaker at a McDonalds in Cincinnati and watched a rat the size of a cat scurry around the side of the building. I promptly left the scene."--
9) "Towards the end of a night of partying, my buddies and I stopped at a nearby McDonalds. I ate two large fries because who doesn't enjoy McDonald's fries. Fast forward to the next morning, I'm sick on the toilet, but the only thing that comes up is egg-sized chunks of chewed, undigested fries. It was one of the most repulsive things I've ever experienced."--
10) "When I was a kid, I bit into a McDonald's hamburger and got a mouth full of wood. It broke apart but was in the patty. It splintered, but at least the splinters weren't sharp. My mom took it up to the counter. The manager apologized, replaced the hamburger and threw in a free apple pie, none of which I would eat."--
11) "My fiancé recently asked for a milkshake at a McDonald's. The girl started to say the machine was broken then turned to a coworker and asked if he felt like making a milkshake. He said sure so she rung it up."
12) "I'm pretty sure an illegal substance of some sort was put into my food at the Taco Bell in Billings, MT. I flew into the airport and had to drive to North Dakota. Keep in mind, I've never had a problem with altitude sickness. I'm a pilot from Utah. I was wide awake and feeling good when I pulled up at the drive-thru. About 20 minutes on the road, I get the worst headache I've ever had. I couldn't keep my eyes open and had to pull over on an off-ramp. Next thing I remember, I'm driving 90 degrees from the freeway on a dirt road in the middle of the night. I snapped out of it and stopped before I ran into a ditch. I had to use my GPS to figure out where I was. I was about 5 miles from the freeway. It was the weirdest situation ever. This was 3 years ago and I haven't eaten Taco Bell since."--
13) "My friend and I were in line at a McDonald's drive-thru at midnight. We already paid for our food and we're just waiting to get our food at the next window. The guy in front of us gets into an argument with the guy behind us. There was lots of yelling and screaming. The guy in front starts yelling at us, too. He walked back to his car, grabbed a knife and then walked back out. We got out there immediately. The only other bad fast food experience I've had was when some jerk was rude at me for asking for a Crunchwrap Supreme at 4 am after a long night of drinking."
14) "I'm a type one diabetic. The number of times that I've ordered a diet coke but received a full sugar coke is way too high. Ordering from the drive-thru generally means either having a soda I won't drink or not noticing and having my whole day messed up. Also, for some reason, KFC's regular Pepsi or whatever they sell always tricks me. I drink it and then I ended up puking due to hyperglycemia. The throwing up due to soda isn't an issue I've experienced recently, but it is the worst fast food experience I've ever had."--
15) "It's a tie between a Godfather's Pizza that had mold growing on the crust and getting eggshells in my McDonald's scrambled eggs. The pizza was just disgusting and fortunately discovered before we ate any of it. The eggshells were mostly annoying because not only were my eggs crunchy, it took some doing to convince my parents because they didn't think that McDonald's actually used fresh eggs in their breakfasts."--
16) "I went to a McDonald's late one night around 11 pm and ordered some chicken nuggets. I received two McChickens and two plain burgers. I went back a week later, ordered the same thing, got two fish sandwiches and a small fry. I tried a third time. Same results. Now I just go to the Taco Bell down the street. The store is fine during the day, but there's something amiss with the night shift."
17) "After my 3-week long trip in the United States, I was ready to get home. I checked in to JFK Terminal 5, ate a heated-up pizza slice from one of the Italian food vendors at the food court. Then it began. I felt strange and congested. I drank a lot of water and boarded my flight back home and took off. A few minutes after the seatbelt sign went off, my stomach started feeling really weird and I darted to the restroom. Oh my god, the horror! I was going to the bathroom and vomiting at the same time. I had to basically sit on that airplane toilet while puking in the sink at the same time! Mind you, this was the summer of the 'Ebola crisis' and I was stupid enough to tell the crew that I didn't feel so well and got food poisoning. Luckily there weren't people in pressure suits when I got home. This went on for a week, each 6 hours with horrific throat burns! The ONLY good thing I got out of it was some free chips and coke on the flight and a week extra vacation."
18) "I was at Burger King. I bit into a piece of chicken sandwich that was fried just long enough to have some resemblance of a crust. It was completely raw inside. Still cold kind of raw."--
19) "I bit into a piece of steel wool cleaning pad in my double cheeseburger."--
20) "This didn't happen to me, but it happened to my wife. When we stopped for a quick lunch at McDonald's in a mall, she found a bandaid in her burger. Yes, she bit it and that's how she discovered it."--
21) I was sipping my drink at a fast food restaurant similar to Taco Time when I noticed an ant inside my straw. I opened the lid and there were dozens of ants drowned, drowning, climbing the sides, and going up the straw. I had drank over half of it before realizing."--
22) "I got a McDouble with mayo. The mayo managed to have a mysterious gritty crunch. The staff was super inattentive and seemed to be pissed about being alive, so I shudder to think what kind of health violations I ate."--
23) "My first time at Taco Bell was in 2008. We walked back from the restaurant because we lived relatively close and I suddenly needed to take a dump REALLY badly. I'm talking covering my back side-bad. I needed to stop walking because if I so much as moved one of my legs a bit too much I'd have to go everywhere. I inched down, sweating buckets, breathing heavily, red in the face. I told the rest of the group to go ahead because I wanted to walk a bit slower because I was full. Thankfully they went ahead and I was there standing awkwardly on the side of the road waiting for the cars to pass and, with a blessing from above, eyed a particularly attractive shrub sitting to my left. Well, I darted for that shrub, whipped my pants down and experienced something extremely foul. I'll spare you the details but it was really bad. No one noticed thank heavens. I walked home ultra fast and jumped in the shower before anyone at home noticed anything. I haven't been back to that place since."
24) "I picked up a Little Caesars cheese pizza the other day and they forgot the sauce and cheese. How can you forget the sauce and cheese on a cheese pizza? I think they noticed but decided it was just easier boxing up half of nothing then turning back to their one co-worker they are stuck with all day and telling them they're dumb for not knowing how to make a cheese pizza."--
25) "At McDonald's, I kept getting cheeseburgers with no meat. From home, I called and told them. They 'put it in the book' and promised a free cheeseburger and a shake next time we go. I show up and order and lo and behold, it's another cheeseburger with no meat. We just quit going there after that one. It was always the late shift that did it."--
26) "I asked the guy at Arby's if he'd put my turnover in the microwave and heat it up for a few seconds. I had been hesitant about asking for this, but my stepdad pointed out that the worst they can say is 'no.' Turns out, the worst they can say is, 'Your turnover caught on fire.'"--
27) "I ordered pizza from Papa John's and I received half a circle which looked shabby and was under-baked because it had raw dough. I had to throw it in the garbage. I never ever ordered from Papa John's ever again."--
28) "I found a fried cockroach in a bag of fries. I've eaten fried crickets and worms when I went to China. A fried cockroach isn't too far off and maybe I'd try it under the right circumstance, but I wouldn't eat a random fried roach that happened to fall in oil."
29) "A customer at Golden Corral, an old woman, had a heart attack and was taken away on a stretcher from the table beside us when I was 10. We watched as the paramedics tried to revive her and then carry her out on a stretcher when they realized she wasn't coming back.
My parents didn't even explain what happened afterward, we just went home and my mom did her best to explain what happened. The weirdest part was that my brother and I were crying but my grandpa kept eating his chicken like seeing an old woman die in front of him wasn't anything."
30) "I went through the McDonald's drive-thru and ordered a hamburger. I got home and took a bite to discover that there was no patty. The patty was replaced by two pieces of bread with mustard and ketchup."--
31) "One time at some cutesy fast food restaurant, I got a corn dog that was piping hot on the outside and frozen solid on the inside. I was more impressed than anything."--
32) I ordered a Filet-O-Fish and they somehow forgot to give me the bottom bun. When I went to complain they said there was no problem and they weren't going to fix it. I exchanged words with the manager and went to Harvey's instead."--
33) "I went to Jack in the Box. My order didn't come out for a good 20 minutes. I finally work up the courage to ask what happened to my order and they take another eternity to get it to me. By the time I got it, I didn't have time to sit and eat anymore since I had a plane to catch. I gave my food back and asked them to put it in a bag. The kid sets it on the counter and doesn't even look at it until I asked him again. I didn't hear a single apology for the hour I was there trying to get lunch."
34) "When I was in high school, I was in band and one time before a basketball game a buddy and I got McDonald's. One of the things he got was a McDouble dressed as a Big Mac, so basically it just has lettuce and thousand island sauce. He ate half of it and said, 'I don't feel so good. You want the rest of this?' My dumb self accepted his offer. Halfway through the game, it hits me. I look over at him, struggling to hold a tuba and he's pale, I'm sure I was too. I've never been less peppy for a pep band event in my life. Long story short, I had the worst diarrhea of my young life when I got home."--
35) "I stopped at a fish and chips place at closing time. They said it was too late to make me anything, but I could have what was left over under the warmer for free. Sweet, thanks! I got it home, and it was extra greasy, but the price was right. In no time, I got sicker than a dog. I haven't eaten at a fast fish place like that since, and that was almost 40 years ago."--
36) "I got food poisoning from a Subway meatball sub. I ate it on the way out of town for a long weekend camping trip. Afterward, I spent 2 full days pooping myself and cursing the franchise."
37) "Once I went to a KFC to pick up a bucket of chicken. Nobody in the parking lot (as usual at this location). I go inside, ask for a bucket of chicken and the reply I get is, 'Sorry, we're out of chicken.'
Another time I went to a Steak 'n' Shake about a half mile away from my house that I go to often for dinner if I'm feeling slummy. At one point, this location had horrible management. The food was fine, being Steak 'n' Shake and all, but it was slow to come out and the service was horrible.
I drive over and order my usual: the Garlic Steakburger and a vanilla shake. The cashier says, 'Sorry, but we have no milk to make a milkshake with.' Steak 'n' Shake is out of milk to make shakes with. Their excuse: 'We have to get the milk from our supplier and can't go anywhere else.' You are probably losing a lot of money in the long run by not getting enough milk. I later called Steak 'n' Shake corporate and complained. The manager was fired later that week."
38) "I was at a McDonald's that had just been rebuilt and they had two drive-thru lines. The line was awfully slow and it took about an hour to get through. When we finally got to the second window to get our food, the worker there told us to go to the next window, so we did.
After about 15 minutes of waiting there, we call the McDonald's to tell them we were at the 3rd window. While we waited for the manager to show up, we noticed the people behind us getting angry. That is understandable, as they were waiting about an hour and a half for FAST food. There were barriers preventing their escape. We just wanted some McDonald's. The inside was not any better.
The manager finally showed up and was mad at us for pulling up to the 3rd window. When we told her that her worker put us there, she left for a few minutes. She came back with food, but it was not ours. So then she got more food, which was ours, so we took it and left. We waited 2 hours for fast food. We already paid, and we wanted some food. We had considered leaving a few times, but we just waited. In hindsight though, it was pretty dumb. When we got home, the order was wrong anyway."
Our mission is to help you live your life to your tastes by empowering you with the most useful information, inspiration, guides, and reviews to help life taste sweeter.