With the summer heat on its way it only makes sense to fix yourself some drinks that will help take your mind off the sweltering sun. Various fruity drinks have made their way into bars and backyard barbecues and it can be hard to not recreate some of your favorites. This frozen strawberry margarita recipe is the perfect excuse to bring a cooling, fruity, refreshing summer drink to your home.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 oz of tequila
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of your margarita glass. Pour the sugar onto a small plate and rim the glass with sugar.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, ice, and strawberries into a blender. Blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour the drink into a cup.
- Serve immediately.
One of the great things about this particular margarita is that you can change up the recipe based on your personal tastes. Some people enjoy using 1/4 Cointreau (an orange liqueur) instead of triple sec, and you can also mix in 1/3 cups of sweeteners such as agave, simple syrup, or granulated sugar to the blender. Depending on how sweet the drink is, you can add more to your liking after you pour the drink.
Remember that you can also chill your margarita glass if you desire a frozen drink that is on the colder side. Don’t forget to garnish with a lime wheel if you so choose!
So now you know that the perfect frozen summer drink is just a few ingredients away! Grab those strawberries and tequila and blend yourself a sweet drink to help you beat the heat this summer season.