If you’ve never made yourself fish at home you may have been told that properly cooking salmon is a little difficult. Much like any meat, you’ll need to ensure that it’s cooked thoroughly without burning it, but you also want to marinate it properly, do this and that, and the next thing you know you’re staring at your salmon filets wondering how dinner will taste. But cooking salmon doesn’t need to be as daring as previously believed. You can make yourself some baked salmon with an easy recipe that guarantees a terrific dinner without all the hassle.
Baked Salmon Recipe
What You’ll Need
- 2-8 salmon filets
- 1-2 lemons, cut into slices
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Meat thermometer
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place your lemon slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Season your salmon with dill, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the salmon atop the lemon slices and cover the baking sheet loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the internal temperature of your salmon is 135 degrees F or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
We encourage you to vary the spices according to your tastes. For some inspiration, we recommend using some parsley or swapping your butter with 4 tablespoons of olive oil. You can also leave the salmon skin on your dish for added nutrients and protein.
Salmon is considered to be a very healthy superfood on account of the nutrients and vitamins that it packs. It’s filled to the brim with vitamin B-12, B-6, vitamin C, vitamin A, and omega-3 fatty acids. This simple recipe will allow you to make baked salmon that complements your personal tastes perfectly for a healthy, flavorful dinner.