Blueberries add an enticing color to an array of desserts, with their rich violet-blue hue. For breakfast, the blueberry adds a sweet tartness to an array of other and breakfast fare, such as oatmeal, pancakes, and of course, muffins!
The key to the creating perfectly delicious blueberry muffins lies in the blueberries themselves. Blueberry muffins rely on ripe, plump blueberries to fill the batter, bursting with juice and flavor when baked, which not only lends to its flavor but is actually quite healthy. Blueberries contain a wealth of nutrients, such as calcium, vitamin B, phosphorus, and other vitamins and minerals. To get the bluest, berry-filled muffins, just crush half of the blueberries to blend into the mix to get the fruity flavor in every bite.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray with cooking oil, a 12-muffin pan or line pan with muffin cups.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together butter and sugar until well blended.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated into the mixture.
4. Add baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
5. Alternately add all of the flour and milk, gently beating the mixture until until the batter is smooth and creamy.
6. Mash 1/2 of blueberries, then add the mashed and the whole blueberries to the batter.
7. Scoop 1/4 cup heaps of batter into muffin pan.
8. Sprinkle about a 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar onto each muffin.
9. Bake muffins for about 30 minutes. Check with toothpick to see if mixture is fully baked. If toothpick comes out clean and muffins are lightly golden brown, then muffins are ready to be taken out of the oven.
10. Loosen muffin’s edges from the pan.
11. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Blueberry muffins can be enjoyed at any time of the day and even served with your favorite coffee, tea or other beverage. Keep this recipe on hand to for a healthy, hearty alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth!