Fish, chicken and beef aren't the only foods you can stuff into a taco. Shrimp tacos are quite tasty too, especially when they are perfectly crispy on the outside while tender and juicy on the inside. They can be enjoyed at just about any time of the year and goes well with just about any seasonings that you like. Just make sure they're de-veined and you're on your way to melt-in-your-mouth tacos that will surely satisfy your taste buds.
The key to delicious tacos lies in how you prepare the shrimp since they are the main attraction of the meal. There are over 300 types of shrimp in the world and many of way to prepare them with a taco, so it's really up to your personal preference. Oh, and don't forget the dressings, avocados, cabbage, carrots, radishes- the works. But first, here is a delicious and simple recipe that you can later modify to make your own.
1. To make the cilantro lime sauce, pulse all its the ingredients into a food processor. When well blended, add the sour cream and mix until smooth and creamy. Then set aside.
2. Pat the uncooked shrimp dry with a paper towel, then coat with the cumin/chilli powder mix, cayenne and a dash of salt and pepper. Sauté in a large skillet for about 5-8 minutes, flipping the shrimp every so often until they are fully cooked through. Thoroughly cooked shrimp should be a little pink and white. Set aside.
3. Coat the shredded cabbage with the cilantro lime sauce, until it is evenly and incorporated. You may add as little or as much as you'd like, but should have the consistency of coleslaw and be slightly weight down by the sauce.
5. Next, top the tacos liberally with a few shrimp, filling the tacos about halfway.
6. Liberally, sprinkle on cojita cheese, lime, and cilantro.
7. Serve and enjoy!
You may prepare your shrimp any way you like, adding or taking away from the spices with your own favorite seasonings. Cilantro Lime sauce is a common dressing for shrimp tacos, but you may use any type of sauce that you'd prefer, in addition to the vegetables. Since this is a basic shrimp recipe, you can build or add flavors according to your tastes.
Shrimp can also be prepared in a variety of ways. If you prefer a crunchy consistency, then battered options are also a popular alternative for added crunch. There really is no limit to how you may prepare your shrimp. As long as it's well cooked.
Shrimp tacos are so delicious that many people enjoy them at all times of the year. Whether you're a seasoned culinary pro or a beginner, shrimp tacos are just as simple as they are appetizing.