Fudge brownies are the ultimate comfort dessert: they’re rich, chocolatey and chewy. You can get a little fancy and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or you can enjoy straight out of the pan–no one’s judging. To make your own batch of perfect fudge brownies, follow this recipe.
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine white sugar, vanilla extract and, butter and mix until it is fluffy. Next, beat eggs one at a time into the sugar and butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture and mix slowly.
- Then, add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour the batter evenly in the greased baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- The brownies are done when you insert a toothpick or butter knife in its center and it comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely or else they will be very crumbly and break easily.
- Once they are cool, feel free to top with homemade whipped cream or ice cream.