Breakfast just got more exciting with our breakfast pizza recipe! Dedicated pizza nights are everyone’s favorite weeknight dinner, but pizza isn’t just for dinner anymore – you can have it for breakfast too! And no we’re not just talking about cold leftover pizza slices for breakfast, even though cold pizza is a beloved breakfast dish for many.
Prepare a quick and easy breakfast pizza for your family on those mornings when you and your family need a change of pace from traditional breakfast fares such as pancakes, waffles, and cereal. Our breakfast pizza recipe consists of a golden buttery crust, topped with light, fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and melted cheddar cheese.
- 6 slices uncooked bacon
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend
- 2 deep-sided baking sheets
- tin foil
- paper-towel-lined plate
- cooking spray
- pastry brush
- non-stick skillet
- silicone spatula
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a deep-sided baking sheet with tin foil. Align the pieces of uncooked bacon on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Carefully transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate allowing excess grease to drain away. Set aside.
Keep the oven preheated to 400 degrees. Prepare a deep-sided baking sheet with cooking spray.
Unroll the refrigerated pizza dough. Place the pizza dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Curl the sides inwards to form an outer crust. Using a fork prick the bottom of the dough, then using a pastry brush, coat with olive oil.
Bake the pizza dough for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and puffy.
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and milk. Beat thoroughly and vigorously for fluffy scrambled eggs.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Melt the butter. Add the eggs. Cook and frequently stir using a silicone spatula. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When no liquid remains, remove the scrambled eggs from the stove top and scatter over the pizza crust.
Crumble the cooked bacon. Sprinkle the bacon and cheese over the pizza. Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Learn how to make delicious fluffy scrambled eggs for your breakfast pizza!
Learn the many different ways to cook an egg!
Breakfast Pizza Variations
Our hearty breakfast pizza includes a healthy helping of oven-baked bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese, but you don’t have to stop there! You can add as many toppings as you’d like to your pizza dish:
- If you’d still prefer eggs on your pizza but not scrambled, give sunny side up a try. Simply crack an egg a-top your pizza and bake in the oven until the eggs whites are set. It’s that easy!
- Add some vegetables for some added crunch and a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. Try sprinkling on some chopped broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, or red onions.
- Enhance the flavor of your breakfast pizza with the types of cheese you choose to use. Our breakfast pizza uses a classic cheddar blend, but feel free to get creative! Add some Feta or Parmesan for some salty notes. The possibilities are endless.
Breakfast pizza would be a unique and tasty addition to your breakfast or brunch menu. Serve up a delicious cheesy slice with a refreshing mimosa for an unforgettable meal.