The Best Sweet And Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- medium bowl
- 2 small bowls
- wooden spoon
Wash and dry the produce. Carefully peel, core, and dice the pineapple. Measure about 2 cups into a medium bowl. Then dice the red onion; chop the cilantro leaves; and slice, seed, and chop the jalapeño pepper. Place the red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño into the bowl with the fresh pineapple.
In a small bowl, blend the chili powder, salt, ground coriander, and cumin.
Slice the lime lengthwise. Squeeze the lime juice into a small bowl and measure out 1 tablespoon; discard the rest or save for later use. Pour the tablespoon of lime juice into the bowl of pineapple, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Using a wooden spoon, toss to combine.
Pour the seasoning mixture into the salsa mixture. Mix well.
Pineapple salsa is the perfect mix of sweet and savory; the invigorating tropical combo is delicious over chicken tacos or on its own. It’s also simple to prepare and easy to customize to your tastes. Get ready to kick your taste buds into overdrive with this tasty summer side dish!
How To Make This Sweet And Spicy Pineapple Salsa Your Own
Pineapple salsa is spectacular as is! But it’s always fun to experiment in the kitchen. Here is some inspiration to get your foodie wheels spinning:
- Do you prefer more tropical flavor? Add more fruit! Some popular salsa add-ins are mango, strawberry, and peach.
- Not crazy about cilantro? There are plenty of other herbs you can toss into your salsa — try substituting parsley.
- Are you yearning for a bulkier salsa? Transform your salsa into a hearty side dish by adding a variety of bell peppers. Beans will also add body to your salsa.
- Not a fan of spicy salsa? Simply omit the jalapeño. Crave the heat? Dice up more of those peppers, and add more chili powder!
What To Serve With Sweet And Spicy Pineapple Salsa
Sweet and spicy pineapple salsa is delicious with plain tortilla chips, but this zesty side dish shines when it’s paired with a refreshing meal. Pair our sweet and spicy pineapple salsa with the following dishes for a spectacular spread:
- garlic butter salmon
- over tilapia
- bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin
- chicken enchiladas
Our sweet and spicy pineapple salsa will become your go-to small plate during the warmer months.