As the cool brisk fall breeze whirls and the autumn leaves flutter slowly to the ground, a warm beverage may be what you fancy during this time of year. However, a chilled pumpkin juice, with spicy-sweet toasty notes, can be your ticket for a delightful fall treat.
Pumpkin juice is a popular iced cold beverage of the iconic Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Guests at Universal Studios in Orlando can enjoy this sweet pumpkin drink and feel that they’re a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry or a passenger on the Hogwarts Express.
For those of you that would rather skip the theme parks and enjoy this magically inspired Harry Potter beverage at home, you’re in luck! Our pumpkin juice recipe is sure to delight any crowd. Made from a simple combination of apple cider, pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, this spicy-sweet mix can be whipped up in a snap!
- 1 (15 ounces) can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ice cubes, for serving
- tall glass or plastic pitcher
In a tall pitcher, add the pumpkin puree and then add the apple cider. Using a whisk, mix until well blended.
Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla to the juice mixture. Mix well.
Serve the pumpkin juice over ice. Enjoy!
Are you missing pumpkin pie spice from your kitchen cabinet? Don’t worry! Check out our guide on how to make your own pumpkin pie spice.
A Pumpkin Juice Twist!
Our Pumpkin juice recipe is served chilled over ice, but if you prefer you can always enjoy pumpkin juice warm in a favorite mug.
Frozen Pumpkin Juice
If you favor slushie-style drinks, prepare a frozen pumpkin juice.
- Start by simply freezing your apple cider and pumpkin puree in ice cube trays until firm.
- Remove the ice cube trays from the freezer. Then, transfer the frozen cubes to a blender. Pulse until the consistency is grainy.
- Next, add your sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Continue to blend until the mixture has a slushie-like texture. If you find the consistency to be too grainy, add apple cider in 1/4 cup increments blending until it has a smoother texture.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy with a straw.
Spiked Pumpkin Juice
Are you having a party? Spike your pumpkin juice with some bourbon whiskey or brandy. The addition of bourbon or brandy will offer a toasty, warming effect to your chilly pumpkin drink. It’s a guaranteed pumpkin smash!
Pumpkin juice is a delightful Autumn-themed beverage for your fall gatherings. It’s a deliciously good drink to serve alongside your spooky Halloween snacks. Pumpkin juice is a great recipe for those seeking unique easy party punch ideas for your Halloween bash.