The Ultimate Queso Dip
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour until the mixture starts to bubble.
Pour in the half-and-half and stir until well blended. Add the garlic salt, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin.
Mix in the Monterey Jack cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Toss in the chopped cilantro and the serrano pepper. Mix well.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
To reheat the queso dip, place it in the microwave, stirring it every 30 seconds until it is creamy and hot.
Nothing says snack time like sitting down with some tortilla chips and a bowl of warm queso dip. This savory treat is excellent for just about any occasion, and you can add ingredients to it to make it even more delicious.
Traditional Versus Yellow Queso Dip
There are really two kinds of queso dip. Our queso is the traditional type, and the yellow variety is a more Americanized version. You should try making both the traditional queso and a yellow queso, such as our Velveeta queso dip, to see which kind you like better. You can’t go wrong with either of these delicious, cheesy dips. Both are outstanding and addictive. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
How To Spice Up Your Queso Dip
There’s no need to stick to the recipe all the time. It can be fun to experiment with extra ingredients to see how delicious you can make your queso. Here are a few things you can add for a spicier queso dip:
- sautéed ground beef
- red pepper flakes
- different cheeses
- different peppers, such as jalapeño peppers, poblano peppers, or green chilis
Where To Serve Your Queso Dip
Once you’ve mastered the craft of creating amazing cheesy dips, you might be wondering where to share such a delightful treat. You can serve your queso dip just about anywhere! Here are some especially great places to share your dip with friends and family:
- Super Bowl parties are some of the best places to share your queso. Partygoers will love how easy it is to serve and munch without missing a single play.
- Office potluck events are also perfect for your delicious dip. Your dip will liven up any assortment of food your coworkers bring, and they’ll probably be begging you for your recipe by the end of the lunch.
- Family movie nights are excellent times to whip up some queso dip. Older teens not wanting to stick around for family time? Just tell them there will be queso dip, and they’ll soon change their tune.
What To Serve With Your Queso Dip
Serve these tasty sides alongside your ultimate queso dip:
- homemade soft buttery pretzels
- pita chips
- tortilla chips
- assorted raw vegetables
Queso dip makes for a fantastic savory treat. The warm, bright, and cheesy flavors make this dish mouthwatering and addictive. Be sure to bring some to your next social gathering!